Thousand Gifts

As you know, last year I kept track of my thousand gifts on the blog. I started off this year thinking I could just jot them down in a journal, and I did a decent job of it, but not great. The last 6 weeks or so I've completely fallen off the wagon and after a good talk (a.k.a. sob it out) with Becky, I decided that keeping track on the blog again is a good way to keep me accountable, keep me looking for good things every day. It felt a little like falling back into a warm, comfortable habit, and my spirits immediately felt better knowing that I was actively looking for good things. Surprisingly enough, the same day I had the conversation with Becky, this article popped up into my Google Reader, which led me to this one, which really resonated with me and confirmed that it was time for me to start up the list again.

beautiful, beautiful weather on a day spent outside
joyful little girls and boys at the soccer tournament
Camden's exuberance over baseball (and his complete unawareness of how badly they lost)
unexpected help with a medical bill
sleepover with cousins
fresh, hot banana-blueberry muffins
watching the Pirates play a good game
nights at the ball field
energy for an early morning walk
a cool morning for that walk
lunch with Brian
eating outside
the wonderful surprise of Jeni's ice cream at my front door
first trip to the beach with Camden, Rory, Ashton, and Logan
sitting in the sand watching the kiddos play in the water
hamburgers and ice cream sundaes on the back deck
sounds of laughter during the water gun fight
memorizing Psalms 46 with the kids
Power of a Praying Woman Bible study
when the kids sleep in until 9:00 on a Saturday morning
the sweet dad who held hands with his disabled child in church
hot, fresh coffee in the morning
my pink Bible

DSC_9708


Comments

Vicky said…
I may have to join you in writing them on my blog (I used to do it at chemo) - and surprisingly (or maybe not) our lists would sound very similar. Its the everyday moments that I savor... although ice cream delivered to your door is not just an every day thing :)
I'm super happy to see these back on the blog! I really enjoyed them, and found myself taking more moments to appreciate my everyday moments when you were doing this. (Did Rory get a haircut?!)
Anonymous said…
U inspired me...I use 1000 Gifts App! :) Beckee

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel