Tuesday's Tidbits

Camden reads his Bible and a devotional at night when he goes to bed. Now that he's sharing a room with Rory, he's been reading it out loud to her after we tuck them in. Precious.

The whole no carb thing is not going well. I. have. no. willpower. Actually, I'm expecting it to go better this week now that I've grocery shopped. I didn't realize how much we relied on pasta, potatoes, tortilla wraps, etc. for meals. It also doesn't help that I'm trying to use up my pantry which includes lots of baking (bread, muffins, etc.) and a whole lot of pasta.

I have managed to completely fill this week up with: 2 photoshoots, 2 baseball games, 1 mammogram, 1 doctor's appointment, 1 dentist appointment, 2 chiropractor's appointments for Brian, 1 cookout, 1 day at the Cumberland River beach, 2 library trips, babysitting Addison, having grandparents and cousins over for dinner, grocery shopping at 3 different stores, a mall trip (bought Rory the cutest swimming suit ever). Not to mention Brian will gone several days this week helping out at church preparing for VBS. But it's all a fun kind of busy, and I'm excited to be able to have the energy to handle it.

Camden's favorite cousin is in town, and they had a sleepover last night. Cousin Logan is still in bed sleeping at 9:30, and Camden is nearly in tears because he thinks the day is slipping away. ;)

Two recipes we tried this week that were excellent (although I only tasted because, you know, the carb thing. Ugh.) Banana Blueberry Wheat Muffins were a big hit, and the recipe made enough to have a couple of times plus put some in the freezer. Pepperoni Pizza Puffs were an especially big hit with the kids, and it was a super easy supper to throw together along with a salad.

We have company this morning.
DSC_9918

Comments

OMG what a busy week and could she be any cuter!!!! and up on those arms! yeah for tummy time!
I love that Camden thinks the day is slipping away!
P.S... no picture of Rory's suit yet?
Renee T. said…
Yum---banana blueberry muffins sound great!
Lori! said…
Seriously? :) That makes me tired reading it! Lots of fun! Love the Addison picture! I can hardly believe how big she is getting. I'm glad you are still close enough to spoil, er, I mean watch her!
Oh, I'll have to check those recipes out... YUM! And I'm super excited to hear how all these fun things/activities go!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel