Vote?

I'm not really one of those people who doesn't have time to blog. Not that I'm not busy, but daily blogging has been part of my schedule for over 3 years now. However, I think I've blogged less (and at all times of the day) in the last 3 weeks than ever before, including the time right after Rory came home! I'm really loving my little photography business, but it's keeping me b.u.s.y. (and that is not a complaint, just a fact!) Busy enough that I haven't told the stories from our trip to St. Louis and Illinois. And there were some good ones! I've decided I can't go back, but will instead try to move forward and just keep up for now.

So on today's blog agenda is asking you to vote for Rory. She is a finalist in the Reader's Choice Photo Contest at Adoptive Family Magazines (she was one of the winner's in this category last year). You can vote for her here if you're so inclined. And side note: it cracked me up when I saw this picture. It was months ago that I submitted this photo and as I've practiced, taken classes, etc., my editing has changed ALOT. I would never have submitted this picture these days. Of course, even bad editing doesn't change the fact that she is so darn cute.

And the first two pictures I took Monday when my camera arrived. I think it's still working.

102810_1

102810_2
For my photography friends, these were taken with my 50mm 1.4, ISO 320, SS250 and f2.0. I love this lens for it's clarity and bright colors. Sometimes I luck out (like here) and get the settings right the first time and do very little editing.

Comments

Joy said…
Wow - that 1.4 makes a big difference!!
So many thoughts swirling around in my head due to this post. For now, I'm going to go vote. Don't think you've seen the end of me though! ;-)
Elizabeth Frick said…
Oooh, I LOVE that first shot!
KrisJ said…
I totally get the to busy for blogging! I have been so busy but I have an alarm on my phone that reminds me to blog! I cant wait for the new year where my 365 promise dissapears!!
My fav lens is my 50 1.4 too! Its pretty much all I use now!
Sooo glad your camera made it home safely! And great pics!
I dont ever mess with my ISO.. maybe I should.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel