Opposites

I had to laugh when I uploaded my sd card last night and saw these two pictures, taken within a few minutes of each other. And while I was trying to take pics from the same angle, I was most definitely not trying to demonstrate their different personalities.

100810_12
Camden is moodiness personified and in full big kid attitude phase. To ask him to do simple things like brush his teeth, wash his hands, or blow his nose is to be pulled into a meltdown of feet stomping, heavy sighs, and crumpling to the floor. It's a battle we fight multiple times each day. I'd like to blame it on his crazy allergies or all the time he's been missing with his daddy lately, but we've fought these same simple battles for well over a year. I am fearful that he might keep this attitude until sometime after his 20th birthday. Heaven help us all.

100810_22
And then there's Rory, who is quite possibly the world's easiest child. Although, I should keep in mind that there was a time I said that about Camden too. She is happy about 99% of the time. All she needs to keep herself happy is someone to play make believe with, and when I tire of it, she happily plays both parts. She doesn't do tantrums and rarely tests me (although she tests Brian on a regular basis). Seriously, world's easiest child. Well, except for that whole hitting Camden thing she's got going on when he nags her.

I know there are always going to be phases in parenting. And probably one day soon we'll hit a new one.

Comments

Elizabeth Frick said…
They're both beautiful in unique ways!
(P.S. I'm secretly glad to not be alone in my one-easy-child, one-challenging-child state!)
Anonymous said…
Love, love, love these pictures!!! Sounds like Rory, Briar and Olive are three peas in a pod!
Love these!! (I owe you some emails... Hopefully today!)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel