48 Hours

It's been a fairly eventful 48 hours around here. Let's see . . .
  • One wiener roast (or a roasting as Rory calls it)
  • One photo shoot (the second in a 24-hour period with the same 16 month old)
  • One photo shoot with Rory that was a bust
  • One photo shoot with my parents that was not a bust
  • One photo shoot in which Camden proclaimed, "these are the best pictures you've ever taken" and "thanks for letting picture day be so fun."
  • Locked out of my mom's car alone with Rory in a strange park, no phone, keys, or watch; did I mention no phone keys, or watch? And the only person to call was my mom who literally never answers her cell phone. Thank heavens she answered it for the first time all week and was able to come get us before it got too dark or cold.
  • Realized why there are few pictures of photographer's children on their sites. I've taken so many pictures of other people's children in the last 2 weeks that I feel little inclination to capture my own children's faces. 
  • One bloody, bruised ear as a result of a bite from one of my dad's horses. Seriously. Poor Camden might never be the same.
  • Made chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes that were as good as they sound.
  • Multiple wipe outs by Rory (caused by extreme tiredness and probably her cold).
  • Drove 8.5 hours home to Tennessee
  • Realized I'd forgotten my camera in Illinois.
  • Outside.
  • Overnight.
  • Hanging on a horse trailer.
  • Panicked.
  • Found someone to go get it and over night it to me.
  • Yikes.
  • Hoping and praying it survived it's overnight camping trip.
  • And, finally, heard "Let's all watch Grandpa shake his booty" from Rory. Actually, that wasn't in the last 48 hours, but I couldn't leave it out.

Comments

KrisJ said…
WOW!!! Cant wait to see the result of all the photos!! And Ill pray for your camera.. I would die!
Joy said…
Wow! You need a vacation from your vacation! : )

I hope your camera is okay! Maybe it enjoyed camping?
Joy said…
Wow! You need a vacation from your vacation! : )

I hope your camera is okay! Maybe it enjoyed camping?
Elizabeth Frick said…
Ha! What a list. And my goodness, you must be exhausted!
Krista said…
did you sleep? I don't think you did - wow.
Oh man, my heart was racing as I read the part about the camera... YIKES. Is it ok?! As for everything else - WHEW! I feel like you just ran a marathon!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel