Something New

As you all know, I'm seriously obsessed with taking pictures of my kiddos. Lots and lots of pictures. A few months ago I starting thinking that maybe I could take pictures of  someone besides Rory and Camden. That thought took root in my mind even as I argued with myself for months about whether or not I could actually start my own business. About 4 weeks ago, I'd had enough of the internal struggle and decided that I would never know unless I tried. And so I got to work. I researched, researched, and researched some more. I started calling my mom and sister multiple times a day for advice, emailing friends, and then researching some more. I spent more time on the computer than usual (if that's even possible). And after 4 weeks of work, this is the result.

header logo
Go ahead and click on it.
And then email me so I can take your pictures. :)

By the way, Camden and Rory have reacted in interesting ways to the news that I would be taking pictures of other kids. Camden said in a hurt voice, "you mean you're not going to take pictures of just us anymore?" And then he immediately started suggesting places that would be good for pictures. Rory decided she doesn't like for me to take pictures because it means she's not along for the ride. Not that this has made them any more eager to have their own pictures taken!

(And can I just say that I get a little thrill every time I see that cute little camera with my name underneath it?)

Comments

Brian Lewis said…
I'm so proud of you! You will do great! I love you!
Joy said…
Sign us up for a November family session!! Tell Camden to pick a great location! : )

So excited for you - you are going to be great!
Becky said…
so excited for you and proud of you, Melissa!! I know that you will do aweseome!
Amy said…
I'm so excited for you, Melissa! You're going to do great. How about coming to NC once the baby comes home? :)
Mayme said…
It was just a matter of time:) Congratulations. When can Miss Emma get scheduled? Believe me, she will be a challenge!
Amanda said…
The website is just gorgeous!!! Congrats on your new adventure!!!
Elizabeth Frick said…
This is so incredibly exciting. And I LOVE Brian's comment. The logo is awesome, you are so super-talented, and I'm so excited to see your business just take off!!!
Anonymous said…
You are going to do great!! Love, Mom
heidi said…
Congrats! Exciting times. Too bad we do not live in TN! But I know some people who do. :)
KrisJ said…
Im so excited for you! And your page looks awesome!! If I was closer I would have you do us!
Krista said…
Congratulations!! Do you do cross border photoshoots?
CONGRATS! I am SOOOOO excited for you! You're going to do awesome, I just know it. And I CANNOT wait to follow along!
How exciting!! Congrats on this new adventure {which would totally be my dream job!}. I wish I knew someone in your area to send your way!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel