A Warm Fall Weekend

We've had unseasonably warm temperatures the last week or so (today is supposed to be 89) and so we tried to take advantage of it this weekend. Friday night we went to a park and let the kids play. There just might be a picture up here from that outing. Saturday we had some errands to run in Nashville, but stopped for an impromptu picnic. I have lots of cute pictures, but as usual not enough time to go through all of them and post, but here are just a couple that tell a little story. :)

Since Camden has long outgrown his little Diego bike, we've been looking for a new one but have balked at big boy bike prices. We lucked out Saturday and made a random stop at a garage sale and found a really nice one (for cheap). He LOVES it.

Saturday night we took the kids to a little country road so they could both ride their new bikes.
101110_1

It started out well.
101110_2
 
  Unfortunately, the new bike has hand brakes, and he's having just a little bit of trouble adjusting. Camden became a little more adventurous and really wanted to ride in circles around us. That didn't go so well, but he wasn't too upset.
101110_3

Until it kept happening. The hand on the head kills me.
101110_4

After about 30 minutes, we finally ended up with this. I can't really say I blame him. I probably wouldn't have lasted as long as he did with so many fall.
101110_5

Fall Break began today and while I'd like to say we're just going to lay around, it's not meant to be. On today's agenda is Project Basement (for Brian) and Project Bedroom DeClutter (for me). I also have a photoshoot this evening that I'm looking forward to. And to offset the fact that it's 89 today and feels like July, I've got a fall candle burning to help us all feel more like Fall Break.

Comments

Elizabeth Frick said…
The bike? Major SCORE!!! Although the pix of Camden so frustrated by it made me so sad :(
Enjoy fall break!
Joy said…
Oh Camden! I have trouble with the hand brakes too! Keep trying - you'll get it! : )

Good luck and have fun on your photo shoot!

We have warmer temps here too. (Right after I packed up the summer clothes of course.) Jason is not loving the fact I have discovered a Yankee Candle store. You need a scent for every season, right?

Have fun in "Project Clean-ups"! Our "Project Garage" turned into Jason "Project Golf". Whoops. : )
Brian Lewis said…
I'm not sure which is harder...being the son of a preacher or being the son of a photographer!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel