Glamour Shots

Based on the blog and facebook comments yesterday, I am nearly the last person to use a Mac! Here's a question for all of my Mac experts, why is my EHD showing up as read only? Considering I have more than 500G of pictures/scrap pages on that EHD, it's fairly important to be able to use it.

Rory has developed a cold and woke up running a 101 fever so we're staying at home while Grandma and Camden make a trip to the library. Unfortunately, the river trip involving feeding the ducks is on hold until she feels better. Camden's trip to the woods to deer hunt with Grandma is still on (bow and arrows only), but I think it's safe to say Camden will be unable to stay quiet enough to see any deer.

I forgot my camera cord so no pictures of Camden climbing the fence, feeding the horses, or Rory hulling beans from yesterday, but here are a couple of us at The Magic House on Friday with some serious static in our hair. We went to The Magic House when we were small children and have very similar pictures from way back then.
Elizabeth
101910_33
Becky and William
101910_1
Brian and Rory
101910_2

And I'm sure my sisters are not happy that I didn't include my own glamour shot with theirs, but it's apparently not meant to be since my upload has failed 3 times.

Comments

joelsgirl said…
I had the same experience with my EHD when I went Mac. You an either reformat it, which will involve backing up everything to another source and then transferring it back to the EHD after reformatting, or you can download this program: http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/ for $20 and it will make your EHD compatible. That's what I chose to do, and it was way easier than trying to move all of my 1 TB EHD to another place to reformat.
Joy said…
Funny, Brian's hair doesn't look any different.... ; )
Rory's cracks me up!
Elizabeth Frick said…
Ah, the Magic House famous hair-ball. Love it!
Anonymous said…
Hehe, those are awesome!!!

I don't think you're the last one to have a MAC, it's just that people who don't like them kept to themselves (or deleted their comment after writing one like i did as to not get outted for not liking Macs!!!)!! ;o)
Krista said…
I've always wanted to do that!
Alex has been hunting deer recently too... with his hockey stick. seriously.
I cracked up when you wrote about Camden not being able to stay quiet... I understand *that* all too well!

I ditto joelsgirl. We've swapped out hard drives before between the PCs and the Macs in this house, but they are always empty prior to reformatting. I will say, I have always backed up prior to reformatting though... do you know someone who can loan you a drive?!
KrisJ said…
I have never used a Mac so I would be just as lost!!! And those pics are to funny!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel