Rural Heritage Day

Yesterday was Rural Heritage Day at church (a.k.a. Farmer's Day). It involved lots of things you don't normally see at church. For example:

There were goats.
100410_1

There were sheep.
100410_2

And there was a sheep getting his poor ears inspected.
100410_3

Tthere were sack races (and, yes, our grass really is just about that brown everywhere).
100410_4

There were horses and cowboys; love the look on Camden's face. . . . . .
100410_5

. . . . . especially compared to the look on Rory's face here
100410_6

There was face painting; and, yes, she was totally falling asleep here. In fact, Rory and I headed home a little early. She laid down on the floor with her blanket and promptly fell asleep.
100410_7

There was also fried chicken, lots and lots of people, and this bluegrass band. And while I would typically enjoy listening to blue grass about as much as I'd enjoy running a marathon, I have to admit they were quite excellent.

And my favorite picture of the day: Rory sure loves her Aunt Liz.
100410_8

And now that it's taken me nearly all day to complete this post, I'm off to start supper.

Comments

Elizabeth Frick said…
Oh, I LOVE that last shot. Rory's expression is just awesome!!!
Amanda said…
Looks like so much fun! You captured the day PERFECTLY! All your shots are just so stunning!!
Fabulous documentation! Spencer is currently screaming "Noooo" at my computer screen... I think he's a little upset how close they are getting to the goats. ;-)
Anonymous said…
Love the pic of Mason and Rory and the poor unfortunate sheep! ha ha
Was really a great day...Also noticed in your pics that Rory still has her soft towel she loves so much!! how sweet. Angel

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel