A Sick Girl

I remembered yesterday as I was getting my teeth cleaned that I'm not a big fan of the dentist's office. I've got healthy teeth, but it's just not fun to have someone stick both hands in your mouth, squirt water, use metal instruments to scrape, etc. It was probably a good thing for me to have the experience fresh in my memory since Camden and Rory go next week - I might be a tad more compassionate. :)

After my 1.5 hours in the dentist's torture chamber, I spent the rest of the day working on Rory's consignment/blog sale stuff. I need to get a serious handle on her closet and stop buying so much stuff! I'm determined to do better this year. I skipped out on Gymbucks redemption last week as well as didn't use 3 (out of 4) 40% coupons I had for Gap in January. Baby steps, people.

My kids are not sick often. In fact, Camden had his first fever in over 3 years on Friday, and he's almost completely better now. He is the best sick kid - never complains, is sweet, acts normal, etc. (he did this even when he was a baby and had pneumonia and asthma issues for almost 2 years straight). Rory, however, is the most miserable child you've ever seen when she's sick. Thank goodness it doesn't happen often (for all of our sakes). But when it does hit, it seems to hit hard and almost instantly. She's had a tiny little cough for several days, but she woke up from her nap yesterday with a nasty chest cough, a 101 fever and just crashed big time. She is a quite emotional child on a normal day, but add in a fever and it's P.I.T.I.F.U.L. She actually asked to go to bed at 5:15 and proceeded to immediately fall asleep on my lap (which NEVER happens). Since an hour later she showed no signs of waking, I went ahead and put her to bed. She bounced out of bed on a Tylenol high at 7:00 and proceeded to be awake ALL night long. We gave up pretending to sleep and have been up and out of bed since 4:00. She'll cry and cry and be miserable, then the Tylenol hits and she'll chatter out of her head for about 2 hours, then the crying starts again as the Tylenol wears off. At one point her fever was up to 104. Needless to say, we're a bit tired today. How can a 3 year possibly stay awake all night long? I was supposed to work today, but I'll be staying at home to take care of Rory. This day can only go up. :)


Passing the germs to Camden

Comments

Mayme said…
I'm sorry Rory isn't feeling well. Hope she is better soon!
OK Lady... what action is that?! I must have it!

Sorry to hear you have a sick kiddo... that's the worst! We have a similar issue with Motrin, so I try to avoid it at all costs... I'm not sure what I would do if that were the case with Tylenol though!
Amanda said…
I hope she feels better soon!!
Elizabeth Frick said…
Ugh. ALL night? Yikes. Get better, Rory!
and darling photo...

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5