Monday

Our weekend was fairly uneventful; busy enough to be fun, but quiet enough to be relaxing. We had family movie night Friday night and watched Nim's Island (which was really cute). Camden was enthralled as usual when the TV is on, and Rory is learning how to ask a lot of questions. We heard "what dat guy doing" and "why she crying" and "who is dat?" all night. Watching TV with her is starting to be alot of work!

Unfortunately, Rory's got a little cold and we ended up staying from church yesterday. She has been quite cranky and most definitely a mama's girl the last several days. Well, she's always a mama's girl, but especially so when she doesn't feel well. I thought she was doing better, but she started running a fever yesterday afternoon and then coughed her way through the night. Hopefully, she'll be on the mend today.

A few random things from last week/weekend:
  • "Have you ever had a ladybug poop on your Bible, daddy?" No surprise that this one's from Camden during lunch yesterday, and he was absolutely serious.
  • "God did it" Rory answered when I asked her who tore the page in her book.
  • Potty training is reminding me that I am the least patient person on this planet. And it's only been a week.
  • Does anyone else think Rory is a boy's name? She's been referred to as a boy by countless medical personnel in the year she's been home (not face to face, just on the phone when they hear her name), and I just saw a boy Rory on a TV show. Apparently, not everyone has seen Gilmore Girls.
  • Rory has gotten a little choosier about her clothes, specifically shoes. She wants to wear them all the time and wants to choose her own. Her new white Easter shoes are her current favorite.
  • Camden has been drawing "cogs." I have no idea what they are, but he likes to describe them in GREAT detail as he draws them. Over and over.
  • Rory has started "reading" books. I LOVE this stage. I remember when Camden started doing this too. She starts every book with "one day. . . " and then says, "sooooo . . . " in between phrases. Her favorite is still Maisy Goes Shopping. I may have to purchase that one so we don't have to return it to the library.
  • Two fabulous things happened this past week: (a) we found out we're getting a tax refund for the first time since we've been married (almost 12 years!!) and (b) my parents scheduled a visit in 2 weeks! I'm seriously excited about both these things.
  • A Korean figure skater won the world championship Saturday night. Not only is Kim Yu Na the first Korean skater to ever win an international skating championship, she also broke scoring records Saturday night. She is beautiful as well as a great skater. Rory was pretty taken with the whole ice skating concept and loved the spins!
  • I've been working on the alphabet with Rory. She says h*ll for the letter L. The 7th grader in me cracks up every time.
Zoe Pearn: You Rock

Comments

These are great! I especially like the "God did it" one. Too funny.

And Rory is definitely a girl's name!
Joy said…
Actually, I have heard Rory as a boy's name, but I also know an Ellis who is a girl. Go figure! Poor Sumner - nobody's EVER going to get that one right! :)

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Hooray for the tax return and visits from grandparents! (I'm taking the kids for a trip next week.)
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a great weekend! The 7th grader in me snickered, too, when I read about Rory's letter "L"! :o)

I had only heard of Rory as a boy's name before your precious girl (I never watched Gilmore Girls!!), but I think it's beautiful and fits her perfectly!
Maria said…
When I saw your entry about the Korean skater, I remembered thinking of you on Saturday when I was at the grocery story. Some lady came up to me and said, "Where is she from?" Ahhh... Kyrgyzstan. "Oh," she says, "I have a grandson from Korea and I thought she might be from there." I thought, "Hmmmm... wonder if she's related to Melissa." But I didn't ask since I was in the Publix in G'ville.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel