Doctor visit

I hope that we never have serious medical issues with Rory because I'm not sure she'd survive the doctor's appointments. The child goes into serious panic mode as soon as a nurse or doctor enters the examining room. Our visit yesterday was not easy. I feel so bad for her because she is so upset - I'm talking screaming so hard that she is choking and almost throwing up, and she would only get louder every time the nurse or doctor opened their mouths to speak. Not fun for anyone involved. The good news is that she's perfectly fine and growing. She now weighs 23 lbs, 14 oz (7th percentile) and is 34 inches tall (19th percentile). She had to have a TB skin test so we go back tomorrow to have it checked and experience the fun all over again. I'm guessing the traumatic visit was the cause of her screaming at naptime and then sleeping less than an hour. She woke up crying and was very clingy the rest of the day.

I'm tackling closets today in an effort to become a little more organized. Not sure I'll finish it all in one day (have you seen how many clothes Camden and Rory have?), but I'm going to try.

A few random things from this week:
  • Yesterday before naptime Rory said, "guess what, Mommy? I wub you." This makes two times she's told me now. And the "guess what" part is so cute.
  • Camden woke up extremely helpful yesterday morning and in a good mood. He also talked non-stop from the moment he got up until the moment I dropped him off at Gram and Gramp's house. When he got home, the first thing he said to me was, "we worked like slaves!"
  • We had a potty training incident last night with Rory that makes me wonder if I could get away with sending her to kindergarten in diapers.
  • If I hear one more He-Man or Mario Cart story from Camden this week, I might go insane. How many times do I have to pretend to be interested?
  • Rory found a book yesterday that has been buried for several months. She picked it up and immediately started saying phrases and words from the book. How does she remember that? The last time we read it, I'm pretty sure she wasn't even talking.
  • I'm a big fan of chocolate chip cookies. Unfortunately, they never seem to turn out quite right for me. I know it shouldn't be hard to mess them up, but really - they never turn out right. I tried a new recipe this week, and they were fantastic (think crisp on the outside, chewy in the middle). All normal ingredients, but some different measurements and ways to mix them (i.e. an egg yolk and melted butter)
Our weekend is fairly full. Brian has a men's breakfast to attend tomorrow and then baseball practice for Camden in early afternoon. I'm going to a Mary Kay party tonight (I'm pretty sure it's been since before I was married since I've attended one of those), taking Rory to get the TB test checked Saturday morning then picking up my consignment sale items and making a library and Target run.

You know the potty incident I mentioned earlier? Well, here's Rory's "trying hard" face. Something tells me she's not quite giving it her all.


Lauren Grier: Raspberry Jam mini kit
Robin Carlton/Zoe Pearn: A Little Flirty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)