Floppy Pigtails

We've discovered a new hairdo, and I can't stand the cuteness.






We had another nice day yesterday and took a long walk yesterday morning. It's so nice to have Brian home for spring break. The kids played outside quite a bit and Camden got to shoot his B.B. gun with Brian (don't worry - I kept Rory on the other side of the house). I also managed to get 6 loads of laundry washed, dried, folded, and put away.

Unfortunately, Brian has to spend one of his spring break days going to a science conference (at the request of his principal) so we're on our own today. It's chilly and rainy so we'll probably take it easy.

Random bits:
  • During a commercial break on American Idol last night, I flipped to 17 and Counting, which is a show on TLC about the Duggar family. You know, the family with 17 kids and she's pregnant with the 18th. They were in a baby store and the mother oohed and aaahed over the hooded towels like they were a new invention. Seriously. The woman has EIGHTEEN children and doesn't have any leftover hooded towels?
  • This whole daylight savings time isn't working out quite the way I thought. Not only does Rory lay awake for nearly 2 hours every night playing, she isn't sleeping in like I thought she would. Which means, of course, that she yawns her way through the daytime and I have to wake her up from her afternoon nap so she doesn't sleep through supper, and she does not wake up a happy camper.
  • I'm feeling bad about the number of pictures I post of Rory versus Camden. But you can only take so many pictures of a 5 year old digging holes in the yard - and that's how he spends most of the day! Plus, his hairstyle doesn't change.
  • I've been trying to teach Rory my name. It's apparently working since she spent yesterday calling me "Missa Mommy" (as in Melissa Mommy).
  • Camden is embracing the south these days. He'll say "yes, maam; I sure will, maam" in an extreme Southern accent.
  • If you're a scrapper, you should definitely check out Scrapbookpictures.com. They're having a sale - a big enough sale that as of yesterday, I'm now up to date on printing my scrapbook pages.
  • I need to stay away from all stores that might carry little girl clothing. It's all so stinkin' cute and I can't seem to resist buying them for Rory. If you'd like to shop, however, email me at camdensmommy @ gmail dot com and I can send you a printable Gap 30% off coupon good for 3/12-3/16.
Credits: here
Add Image

Comments

Joy said…
I know what you mean - poor Ellis just doesn't have as many photos as he used to. Doesn't help he's into making goofy faces.... Rory looks so cute in her piggies!
Anonymous said…
Iknow this is very "mom" like, but I can remember you in very similar pigtails!!
Becky said…
Okay, Melissa, I am trying to just be happy for you that your daughter loves the camera--I can hardly get the boys to hold still long enough for a shot, much less get the multiple completely adorable pics you get of yours! The pigtails are absolutely adorable!! and the story about the hooded towels made me laugh out loud!
Amanda said…
Love the pigtails. I can totally relate to picture/kid ratios. I have tons of Emma cause she is doing all the new cutesy stuff and Hannah is either at school or NOT in the mood for pictures.
Anonymous said…
LOVE THE PIGTAILS!! HOW CUTE...
Angel
Anonymous said…
Isn't it neat that Rory likes to pose--and so makes for good pics for us GGrandparents up in MO.
And Camden is also photogenic.
What a happy family!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel