Sad today

We received the news yesterday that a 16-year old boy in Brian's youth group was diagnosed with leukemia. Not just any boy, but one whose family is very special to us. Brian has been his teacher in some form or fashion since he was 5 years old. Our hearts are just so heavy for his family and for the difficult months and years they have ahead of them. We found out last night just after supper and Camden and Rory were still at the table so we just sat down with them and said we needed to pray for Christian. We were clearly upset and Camden asked why, of course, so we tried to explain to him. After we prayed, Brian's phone rang and he had to leave the room. Camden looked at me, and said, "Mommy, my heart is broken." Rory is joining in with the prayers and prayed for "ChiChiChi" several times last night.

We were up late last night and then didn't sleep well so I'm pretty tired this morning. I think there's a trip to a consignment sale and Gymboree with Mayme on the schedule so that should be fun. I'm looking forward to the debate tonight. Hopefully Sarah Palin will not repeat the Katie Couric performance!

More stories and baptism and dedication pictures tomorrow.

Comments

M :-) said…
(((((hugs))))) I am so sad to read this news. I will keep Christian, his family, and those close to him in my thoughts and prayers.
Amanda said…
I am so sorry to read the sad news of this young man. I will be praying for him and his family and also for you all as minster to this hurting family!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel