Psalms 23

I read a new translation of Psalms 23 this morning and thought it was very appropriate for how I've been feeling lately.

The Lord is my peace. I shall not live in anxiety.
He puts me under his wing of comfort and calms my spirit within me.
He takes all my anxieties on Himself and helps
me to focus on Him.Yes, though I walk through a time
of grave uncertainties and fierce anxieties,
I will not fret - for You are my peace.
Your Word and Your presence calm me now.
You hold my uncertainties in the palm of your hand.
You soothe my wrinkled brow.
Surely serenity and trust in You
shall fill me all the days of my life. And I shall keep
my mind stayed on you forever.

Comments

Karen said…
That's a beautiful translation... Is it from The Message? I'm having a bad day (hence why I'm looking at blogs at this hour!), so I thank you for posting this. It helped me focus.
Anonymous said…
What a blessing scripture can be--I'm so glad you find solace in His word.
Love you! Mom
Wendy said…
Melissa, That truly blessed me this morning. Thank You!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5