Busy Weekend

What a busy weekend! I spent Friday running errands, heading into Nashville for work, back home to pick up Camden from school, out to soccer practice, home at 7:15 p.m., then supper, bathtime for Camden and bedtime. I didn't stop the whole day!

Saturday, I spent all morning working at the brunch, but was able to leave in time to make it to Camden's soccer game, and while we still do not have a win to our name, they did play MUCH better this weekend. I think some of the practices and training sessions are finally starting to kick in. When we started this whole soccer thing, I had this fantasy in my head of our son blooming into a soccer star, cool crisp fall mornings, etc. Well, the reality is that he's only 4 and the temperature has been in the 90's every weekend. Oh, well! It has been fun at least.

Fun random quote that came out of Camden's mouth Friday night on the way home from practice: "You know what, mommy. When I'm a grown up, I'm gonna shoot a bear . . . just for you!" He was so proud of himself.

Here's an achievement we're proud of! Camden wrote his name for the very first time Thursday night. We've tried working with him before (and they're working with him in K-4, of course), but somehow the whole letters actually meaning something had never clicked before, but it finally did. It was a proud parent moment. And not bad penmanship for the first time either!

Just one page to share from the weekend. More to come later.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Melissa,,
I was telling your MOM, Joyce, that I just love to read your blog...it is so newsy about you , Camden, and Brian....It 's like talking with you as I read it.....thanks for sharing with us....Love, Aunt Lill and Uncle Jean

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5