Where to start

I know that we were only gone for 48 hours, but it feels like alot has happened since I last blogged. First, the wedding. Our drive down on Friday was good. We rented a mini-van, which definitely helps since there were 4 adults, 1 carseat, and Camden. Camden has got to be the best kid traveler ever. He is just so good. Doesn't need alot of entertaining, just lots of good snacks!

The rehearsal Friday night was a bit of a nightmare. We arrived at the church at 7:00 and didn't leave until almost 10:30! When we got back to the house, Camden was just burning up with fever and miserable (how did that happen during a 10 minute car ride?). We put him to bed and then hung out with the family until midnight or so. Camden slept with us (and, believe me, he was the only one sleeping!). He tossed and turned as many ways possible. At one point, his head was down laying on my knee and he was kicking my feet, just radiating heat the whole time. It was not a restful night! He woke up the next morning still burning up with fever, but was acting pretty good. Lauren (the bride - Brian's cousin) fed him BBQ chips for breakfast (I'm not a horrible mother, I'm just terribly outnumbered when it comes to these family trips. Either I give in, or I'll spend the whole trip trying to stop them from spoiling him rotten!).

Camden spent from 11:30-3:45 getting pictures taken before the wedding, standing still during the wedding, more pictures after the wedding, etc. He did sooooo good! We were very proud of him. He stood up there for the 30 minute ceremony and tried his best to smile the whole time (it kinda came out like a strange grimace, but oh well!). Suffice it to say, he was the star of the show! After the wedding, he was so funny. He came and asked if he and Leigh were married. He walked down the aisle with Leigh during the wedding. Leigh is Brian's cousin and the bride's sister (see pictures below). I wish I had more pictures to show you from the wedding, but these are pretty much the only ones that halfway turned out. It was very dark in the church and even the poor photographer was having serious issues with lighting and shadows.

The drive home Saturday was torture! We made it home about midnight. Camden was still running a 101.5 fever and continued to run a fever Sunday and Monday. He actually slept until 10:30 on Sunday, which is crazy because this is the boy that thinks 6:30 is sleeping in.

I was off work Monday (it's spring break at work) and we spent the day doing laundry, getting last year's clothes ready for a consignment sale, and took a trip to the doctor. I really should have looked at the consignment sale paperwork before spending a good 3 hours getting stuff ready because last night as I was packing it all up to put it in the car to take to the sale today I realized that they have changed their policy and yesterday was the last day I could bring it in. So, now I've got a TON of spring/summer clothes to sell with no sale to take them to. Oh, well!

In the midst of the wedding chaos, we got a call from a realtor with an offer on our house. As of this morning, we have a signed contract. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, cause you just never know! I guess we'll start packing again, though.

Camden said "ain't" for the first time this weekend. I guess the visit to West Virginia made an impact on him! Don't worry - I quickly removed that word from his vocabulary!

Enough rambling for today. Enjoy a few pictures.

Leigh and Camden

Lauren and Camden

2005 pumpkin patch trip


Uncle Rodney, Aunt Linda, and Camden

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel