INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, March 08, 2013

Haircuts

I've received several emails about my wall art, and it seriously could not be easier to make if you've got some digital scrapping supplies and Photoshop Elements. If I can do it, anyone can do it because you know I'm the least crafty person alive.

I simply pulled up a pretty paper (from a retired Emily Powers kit - the same as is on my blog, by the way) and then added the text on top of it. I used Persnickety Prints (I also use them for all my photo and scrapbook printing) because they have such a great variety of sizes. I really wanted a canvas, but they are more pricey so I printed it as a mounted black 3/16 foamcore board, and it cost about $15. Easy! The foam board doesn't come with a photo hanger, and I think that we honestly used a piece of double sided tape because I was in a hurry and couldn't wait until I had a chance to shop for an actual flat hanger. ;)

I think I've mentioned on the blog before about my love of a good hair salon. Since we've moved, I haven't been able to find one close by for the kids so Rory hasn't had a trim since August (yikes!) and Camden went to a barber when we were in Illinois for Thanksgiving, and then I took him to Walmart in January, which was a colossal mistake. I know there are plenty of people out there who could care less about hair, but I am absolutely not one of them.

Why, yes, I am pretty high maintenance in that area. And others.

I finally tracked down a cute little shop about 10 minutes from here, and while they're kind of fancy for kids, their kid's price was good. It's the first haircut Camden has ever had where I felt like she absolutely understood his stick-straight Asian hair. She cut it completely with a razor, and it is the best haircut he's ever had. And Rory is just like me - she is all about the pampering. And Tori won her heart when she asked if she could braid or curl it. Rory chose a braid this time, but has big plans for curly hair next time.

Can you spot me in the picture?
DSC_0075

And my February Favorites page.
faves_feb



2 comments:

Brandy Knox said...

Camden's hair looks AWESOME!

Christine said...

We are still on the hunt for a good hair place for Spencer. I'm beginning to think my standards are too high. ;-)