Tuesday's Tidbits

Apparently I slept a little too much last week and my body thinks it can get away with 3-4 hours a night. I thought you were supposed to sleep better in your own bed!

It's only taken 2 kids and one niece before I finally figured out how to set up a pack-n-play on my own.

Did I mention I get an extra week off chemo? So instead of going back Thursday, I don't go back until December 6. I'm trying to be thankful for the extra week, but I was soooooo counting on an extra week at Christmas instead.

I made Pioneer Woman's homemade granola bars last night. I have been wanting to try them forever, but they just didn't turn out quite right. Not sure if I got the oats a little too brown or if it's the wheat germ taste I don't like, but they did not live up to the hype for me. The rest of my family, however, thinks they're the best ever so maybe it's not as bad as I thought.

I somehow managed to forget not only the best picture, but the best story from my Thanksgiving post.

We decided to let the kids watch E.T. over the weekend. I wish I would have remembered not only the few crude teenage comments, but also how intense the opening 15-20 might be for a kid. Camden was fine (despite alot of deep breaths), but Rory lasted about 15 minutes then exclaimed, "I can't take this anymore!" and exploded into tears. After I consoled her, we (as in the adults) all had a pretty big laugh. And she slept alone and all night so I guess she wasn't scarred for life.

I love this picture with it's stained pages and the little "good" sticky note. Who knows how long my mom has been making this pie. I remember this cook book from my childhood.

DSC_7924


I haven't seen Addison in 2 weeks, which is forever in baby time. Her regular sitter has an appointment so I'm on baby duty today. While she may have screamed the entire way home from school, to the lab for bloodwork, and all the way home, she has been delightful every moment she is out of the carseat. ;)

I cut up a cold grape to feed her, and she was having none of it.
DSC_8140

Seriously, Aunt Melissa. What are you trying to feed me?
DSC_8142

Please, just get this off my finger.
DSC_8145

I. Am. Not. Kidding.
DSC_8147

Much better!
DSC_8150

Showing off her 2 new top teeth. I told you alot can happen in 2 weeks!
DSC_8173



Comments

Norman said…
A great post!
Amy said…
Hope you can get some better rest tonight. Addison is so adorable! How do you stand it? :)
Renee T. said…
Love those Addison pics!
Renee T. said…
Love those Addison pics!
Tim Lewis said…
We let Ashton watch E.T. when she was probably 6-7 and she didn't sleep for weeks. The scene with E.T. in the closet seriously freaked her out. She still won't watch it.
Addison is even cuter with those two new teeth! :-) And I love the story about ET. Doug is dying to show Spencer ET, and I just worry that he will never.go.to.bed.again!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5