Thousand Gifts - July 9

The weekend passed in a haze of naps and listening to giggles from the kids as they played in the water outside, fought serious Star War battles, and dressed up in every costume available. I kept waiting for the hammer to drop, but the days following this treatment actually passed better than I was anticipating. With the exception of back spasms from the Neulasta shot, I feel good this morning.

We've been seeing these visitors out our front window on a daily basis for the last week now. So far I haven't been able to take a decent picture because I have to shoot through the window. They're close enough that even small movements from the house sends them running. There's one little baby that I keep trying to shoot (as in photograph) but they're so skittish that I can't get my camera out quickly enough.

DSC_2474

DSC_2476

I'm kicking myself because on the weeks that I had so many gifts to remember, I was off the computer and didn't write things down. This list is definitely not a good representation of all the good moments I've had in the last 3 weeks!

Isaiah 61:13 ". . . the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness . . . "
lots of cousin time
getting to see Xavier practice his music
several afternoons at the pool with the kids, Collette and Leah
an unexpected interview
a successful Clearview weekend
a relaxed Sunday evening with dinner outdoors and so many laughs with Randall and Collette
a rainbow
prayer with the Wrights in our hotel room
safe trip home
cards from friends
sitting around a circle chatting with friends and family at a July 4 picnic
snuggles with Addison
smell of rain
anti-climatic chemo treatment
unexpected rain and cooler weather at night
family devotions at night
sleeping with Rory during a thunderstorm
quiet mornings
my parent's 40th wedding anniversary

Comments

I still think you have a pretty good list there! And hello sweet deer!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel