I forgot . . .

. . . how lightheaded the IV steroids make me

. . . how those steroids make me feel on edge for days, so snappy with my family

. . . how ADHD I am in the days following chemo, switching back and forth between activities, unable to sit long enough to finish a chapter in my book or watch a TV show from start to finish

. . . how the nurses cheerfully chat us up about anything and everything other than cancer and how I can't decide if I hate them or love them for that

. . . how hard it is to pull it all together and go out and face the public

. . . how I lose complete track of the calendar (I was shocked to see that Sunday is Camden's birthday!)

. . . how much of a true introvert I am

. . . how looking my best on chemo days is completely out of proportion to how I feel about my looks on other days

. . . how Brian and I have this strange tug of war about how he wants me to never move from the sofa while I have a strong desire to help out during bursts of energy and we become almost angry with each other over silly things like who empties the dishwasher

. . . how there is never any rhyme or reason to the good and bad days 

. . .  how, ironically, when I should be craving the attention and noises of my children the most, they drive me crazy

Today is chemo day. While I have certainly not felt well at times, I am pleasantly surprised by how mild this last week has been. I'm hoping the next 2 weeks are even easier since I'm only receiving one drug today instead of 2. The kids are going to go on a library trip with my friend Kari, then we're meeting for lunch, followed by much-needed haircuts this afternoon.

By the way, thought you would all like to know that Brian did not get the teacher job in Texas he interviewed for a couple of weeks ago. We're secure in the knowledge that God has our best interest at heart, whether that be in Texas or Tennessee.

How I spent the last 2 days:
071012_me-time-web
Credits here

Comments

Don't forget....

...how many people are praying for you

...how many people love you

...how in your weakness He is strong

Hoping and praying for the next two weeks to go smoothly.
Julie said…
I am praying for you today. . .
Vicky said…
I'm praying for you- I know how slippery the slope is between good news- to not such good news. And going back to chemo is a thought that keeps me company even in the midst of good news.
Monica said…
Oh Melissa, you had me both laughing and crying at dishwasher statement! It's awesome that you two love each other so much you both passionately want to help the other out. Prayers still going up as you make decisions and continue to follow God's leading.
....and I bet it was nice to forget.
Amy said…
Praying for you, sweet friend.
listgirl said…
Praying for you and thinking about you! I love the layout about "me time".
Krista said…
I think One of Nettie's Girls said it best. xo
I'm super late... but I just want to "ditto" all of "One of Nettie's Girls" I'm sorry that you have reason to remember all these things best left forgotten

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel