Mission 1st Grade: Accomplished

Today was Camden's last day of 1st grade. I find it so hard to believe that he's going to be 8 this summer. As usual, I took a quick picture before he headed off for his day of fun (literally - it was their Fun Day). It was raining outside so I made them both just step outside under the awning on the deck.

052311_10

And for reference sake, the first day of school. Look at how much of a difference there is (and how brown they both are after a summer outside).
052311_9

On the way home from school, Camden was in a very bad mood and I eventually got on to him about it. He completely broke down and sobbed because it was the last day of school. I cried with him. He was so distraught that it broke my heart. He really, really loves school and all his friends there. Even though staying in TN wasn't our plan for this year, I am very glad that one of the by-products of this new plan is that he gets to spend one more year at his school with his friends.
052311_11


Comments

Wow! They have both changed SO much! I have to say... while I love the first two shots... I *adore* that last shot. You can really feel his pain here.
Joy said…
Wow! They really look so much older! Especially Camden. So hard to believe he has finished first grade already. I hope he gets to see his friends over the summer.
Anonymous said…
They have both changed SO much!! As adorable as ever, too. I love how you capture Camden's sensitive spirit.
What a difference a year makes--for both of them, but especially for Camden. So sweet about crying that school is over. Isaac felt the same way this year when preschool ended.
Elizabeth Frick said…
Aw, buddy... that last photo! I'm so relieved that I'm not the only parent photographing their kid during moments of pain :)
Brenda Shearon said…
Gosh, I knew Camden had grown and changed but I didn't realize how much until your photos. Amazing how a new hair style and permanent teeth can make such a difference. So handsome! I don't think Dawson will ever cry over the last day of school
Grace said…
wow! what a difference a school year makes! the transition to grown-up teeth always cracks me up and little rory looks so, well, little!

that last photo is beautiful. poor guy...but, how sweet that he loves school so much!
Krista said…
Oh I'm so sad for Camden! I'm sure baseball will help fill some of the void.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel