Almost 8

051811_storyboard2 web

051811_storyboard1 web

So this boy of ours is somehow almost 8 years old, and I've just got to say that it's not the easiest of ages. Almost 8 year old boys are pretty obnoxious (just in case you haven't been around one recently). He still has sweet moments, and he's still pretty darn funny, and definitely too smart for his own good, but those obnoxious moments have been outweighing the others recently. I feel like this is one of those times as a parent that I really, really need to work on being more patient and accepting and loving him just as he is right now.

We've been growing his hair out since January, and one day before school I fixed it for him (most days, there is no "fixing" allowed) and thought he looked so handsome. I grabbed the camera and in about 30 seconds had these pictures, which are pretty representative of him right now.

Comments

Mayme said…
14 is even more obnoxious:) It's like 8 on steroids and they smell a lot worse:)
GREAT pictures!!
So this is what I have to look forward to? UGH, I will have two 8-year old boys at the same time!!!!!
Elizabeth Frick said…
Oh my goodness, what a handsome little dude. With awesome hair, I might add. Perhaps he should consider letting mom fix it more often! :)
And as annoying as I'm sure he can be, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for this age of boys... so adorably awkward :)
Annie B. said…
Hilarious blog entry! And now I know I am totally normal...Colin is OBNOXIOUS these days. Up to this point he wasn't at all...Ugh! I get it and LOL at your post!
Joy said…
Camden looks so grown up! Love his hair! And thank you for your post....Ellis will have to stay six forever. LOL
Krista said…
Such a young man now - wow!
I LOVE this series! I had seen it on Flickr, but wanted to comment here. His soul just shines through in these... and if I could reach through the computer and hug him, I would. Not that he would let me....

And, seriously, I'm afraid of the stage you and Camden are in. Terrorized, actually.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel