Wednesday's Recap

Mother's Day was good.

Monday was not.

Tuesday was better. Had a friend over for a couple of hours and even took a few pictures. Was able to enjoy Camden's baseball game Tuesday night.

Wednesday has been both good and bad.

I'm learning there is a fine balance between hunger pangs, nausea, and anti-nausea medicine (I've gone through an entire bottle in the last week). I don't quite have the balance quite down yet.

Tuesday and Wednesday the nasty chemo taste was completely gone from my mouth, which is wonderful.

Naptime is my friend.

Rory has decided "scabetti" is her favorite meal, despite the fact that we have not actually eaten "scabetti" recently.

Although I know it's a figment of my imagination, my hair feels shorter every day.

Today we (okay, my mom) went through my closet and many, many rubbermaids of clothing that I hope to never wear again. I have now officially lost enough weight that nothing from my previous life fits, and my closet and dresser are empty.

Gearing myself up for treatment #3 tomorrow. Mostly dreading those 5 steroid pills I need to take before bedtime. They make me feel as if there is a circus going on inside my body.

Looking forward to seeing my friend Tina who is driving out to take me to my treatment.

These two kiddos had a seriously good time playing in the dirt Monday night.
    051111

    Comments

    5 steroid pills? Yikes girl. Will be praying for you during your third treatment tomorrow!
    Joy said…
    Awesome about your weight loss and potential new wardrobe, but very not awesome about what brought you to your new weight. Hope tomorrow's treatment is as easy on you as it can be. Praying for you!!
    Karen said…
    I have such a love/hate relationship with steroids. They do you a world of good, but they wreak havoc on your body. I had to take 11 pills in one day last week for asthma. I wish I'd had the words "circus inside my body" to describe the sensation to my husband. That's so perfect! I hope tomorrow's treatment isn't too bad. Can you take catalogs and shop for new clothes while you're there?! Thinking of you...
    I'm thinking of you today!

    I'm now craving "scabetti" here... yum!

    And the steroids?! I can totally relate to that. I feel your pain, and sympathize more than you can imagine.
    Brenda Lewis said…
    Our heart so goes out to you and Brian for what you are going through and all the anticipation of what lies ahead. We continue to prayer for the very best of what the Lord can provide.

    Love you.
    Unknown said…
    You are seriously my idol! I pray for you every single day (multiple times a day!) I just admire your strength!

    -Jackie (familyof5 on holt boards)
    Elizabeth Frick said…
    Joy said exactly what I was thinking. If anyone deserves a brand new sassy wardrobe, it's you! I'm just sorry for the reason behind it :(
    I almost hate to ask, but what is the "nasty chemo taste"?
    So, so glad that you got to enjoy Camden's game on Tuesday!
    Grace said…
    praying for you and more days that feel normal in between the not-so-normal ones...and my favorite part of this is rory's pronounciation of spaghetti ;)

    Popular posts from this blog

    Blogging, Not Blogging

    Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

    7/52: Pastel