Treatment #5

Writing this from my chemo room today. Yesterday was pretty good, today's not so much, but that's okay. I met with my doctor for the first time today since my treatment plan appointment (Becky came along with a whole list of questions, of course). Dr. W is really pleased with my progress. So far there's no change in all my bloodwork, which is really good. I also got the genetic testing back, and I tested negative (again). I have very mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I'm very glad it's negative because that's better for the rest of our family. On the other hand, I was really kind of devastated to not have a *reason* for my cancer. Dr. W feels strongly that it is genetic, but it's just a link they haven't discovered yet. Becky also got to meet Sara, my chemo nurse, and we all three had a good cry when Becky thanked Sara for taking good care of me and Sara hugged her. Yes, they are both pretty great.

In other very important news, I loved Hines Ward on DWTS this season and loved that he won. Less impressed with AI the last few weeks, although Scotty seems like a very talented and sweet kid. And I still haven't finished Survivor yet. Maybe this will be the week I finally make it through. :)

052611

Comments

Mandy said…
Beautiful picture of you and your sister! Keeping you in the my thoughts and prayers :)
Karen said…
It's so hard not to know why something like this happens, but I'm so impressed with how well you handle it, regardless. I keep praying for you and hope you continue to handle the treatments so well. I'm sure Becky is taking amazing care of you. LOVE that picture of you both!
Krista said…
I'm so glad you have close family to help you through this. Hugs my friend!
Anonymous said…
Melissa,

Praying for you and thanking God for your wonderful attitude that is a testimony to many watching you.

Love and prayers

Tonya Younce
Amy said…
Oh, how I love this picture! It is so good of both of you! I'm so glad Becky is able to be with you for this week's treatments! Still praying for you!! :)
Wendy said…
Continued prayers going up for you sweet Melissa!! So glad that your sister is able to be there with you!
Elizabeth Frick said…
I hope you're feeling much better very soon. So wonderful that Becky could come along and support you in so many ways today.
I'm gonna have to crack the whip on your Survivor watching! ;)
Anonymous said…
FYI...
Your on my heart and in my prayers.
Rebecca H. said…
well you look fabulous, even if you don't feel it! i'll be praying for you to get through this with grace and good spirits. so glad you have family around you to go through this with you.
Anonymous said…
Melissa- Becky is one of the dearest friends I have had in life. In knowing her and hearing the love she has for you, well... I love you too. Know that you have this girl in Africa who is calling out to Jesus on your behalf. Some days I am sure crying along with you and the "why" factor. May you feel the peace of Him and know His healing touch! Blessings to you! Connie
I love this photo of you and Becky. LOVE. And I love that she was there with you for that meeting.

I'm devastated on your behalf with the "no clear reason" issue. With all of my medical stuff, there was no clear reason either... lots of hypothesis, but never a reason that I fell into the tiny, tiny group of people who got hit three times. It's hard to hear that... I wish I could hear it again to take the burden from you though. Know that the reason may still be hiding for now.... hugs.
Anonymous said…
Do you watch So You Think You Can Dance? It just started back up on Fox last week. Fabulous dancing!!

(and I was also glad Hines won!)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5