Tuesday's Tidbits

Camden had a dentist's appointment yesterday and had only good news from the dentist - something that hasn't happened in quite a while around here. Hurray for healthy teeth!

Re-entry into the real world after spring break was a bit tougher than I had hoped for yesterday.

Camden actually used the sentence, "Sadly, that was not the case." at supper last night, and he was not joking.

When I told Camden that I was able to get all the stains out of his new baseball uniform, he said, " Nooooo! I wanted them to look like I played hard!" (Biz works wonders in case you need a laundry tip)

I was on the phone when Rory and I arrived home from grocery shopping yesterday and Rory took it upon herself to help me unpack. I later found the new package of toothpicks in Camden's bathroom, and my new tube of mascara has completely disappeared.

This is how Camden feels about the sun these days.
032211

I've been wavering about whether to mention this or not but finally decided I could use the extra prayers. You know that stomach issue I've been griping about for months now? Well. Turns out a baseball sized mass on your ovary can cause a few problems. And, yes, I am officially one of those crazies who has enormous things growing inside of them but simply endures the discomfort rather than go to the doctor. There is a small chance it's cancerous although both my primary doctor and my gynecologist think it's probably just a crazy-out-of-control cyst. The fact that they're using my age as the prime reason this is not cancer doesn't exactly bring me alot of comfort since my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 29. So. All of that to say I'd appreciate prayers that the results of my test come back negative for cancer. I should know preliminary results by the end of the week and will probably have surgery next week. Really, I'm just hoping for some bed rest out of this whole thing. :)

Comments

Joy said…
Oh Melissa!!! We will be praying for you!!! Praying hard that everything turns out okay!
Elizabeth Frick said…
You have all the happy, healing, comforting vibes I can muster. My fingers and toes are crossed for good results. Thinking of you, mama.
Becky said…
definitely praying!! love you!
Oh no Melissa! Just popped on to your blog and am so glad I did. Will keep you in my prayers! Awesome photos too lady, keep up the awesome work!
Janice said…
I'll be praying for you!
Amanda said…
I will be praying for you!!
Angie said…
We will be praying for you!!
Oh, wow. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Really hoping that it's nothing major... Hang in there!!!
Susanne said…
Prayers that everything is AOK. Had to laugh at the bed rest comment though... the lengths we go to...
joelsgirl said…
I'll be praying, too.
subgirl said…
Melissa, Amy told me about your cyst. I'm so sorry you'll need surgery, but we women are tough and you'll be fine. Had this same thing at age 20 and after surgery everything was great. I'll be praying for you!
Amy C's mom (Lukas' grandmom!)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel