Surgery Tomorrow

First of all, let me just say that I was mortified to discover I've been saying gynelogical instead of gynecological. Seriously hate misspelling things. Brian kept telling me my friends would forgive me. :)

So we spent 3 hours at the hospital today. I cannot tell you how I felt the heavy weight on my heart lifting throughout the day, and I know it was because of your prayers. I am so grateful that God provided for me in that way. Brian and I were able to laugh many times today. Met our doctor and really really liked him. His news wasn't necessarily reassuring, but he is going to be a great doctor to have in my corner. My tumor is pretty enormous, which is never good. I'm having surgery first thing tomorrow morning and will have a 4-5 day hospital stay. They will know before the surgery is out if the tumor is cancerous. He said there is a chance that it is not, but there is a strong possibility that all my stomach problems in the last 5 months are a result of ovarian cancer. Surprisingly enough, I'm not that scared. I'm sure the fear will return, but for now I am just so grateful to have a good doctor and so grateful to be moving forward tomorrow.

I'm giving Brian all access to the blog so he can update you, and I've told him he has to do it tomorrow after surgery; fairly certain I will not be coherent enough to do it myself. The most exciting medical thing to happen to me to this point is having my wisdom teeth removed so I have no point of reference as to how I'll feel after major surgery. I told Brian that all my life I've been so healthy and my medical history is ridiculously boring (per the pre-op nurse I saw tonight), but tomorrow I'm picturing an ER/Grey's Anatomy scenario where all the doctors want to see the enormous ball removed from my abdomen.

My agenda for the evening includes 10 ounces of magnesium citrate and a tap water enema. Anyone want to join me?

Comments

tinetinesmom said…
Melissa, So sorry to hear this news. I know you are in good hands. May God have his hand on you and your surgeon tomorrow. He is our protector. I will keep you & your family in my prayers tonight and tomorrow. Hope your recovery is speedy. Take care. Linda
Melissa, you are amazing. The grace and humor you have brought to this situation inspire me. You've been on my mind and in my heart ever since you broke the news about this... and will continue to be until you come out the other side. I feel like we should be making you laugh, and here you have me giggling over gynecological (I totally forgive you since I didn't even catch that ... and, hello, I think you have the right to miss a few things) term and the ER/Grey's reference. Hugs, prayers, positive thoughts and good karma all headed your way. Please, if there is anything I can do... let me know.

Brian, please post as soon as you can... otherwise I might need to hunt you down via FB. ;-)
Kelly said…
Melissa, praying that God leads the hands of your surgeon tomorrow.
You have SO MANY people holding you up in prayer.
Just visualize being surrounded by prayer, and God's love tomorrow.
Huge hugs to you.
Kelly
Mayme said…
You know that we love you guys so much. I will be checking frequently tomorrow to hear from you. Tell Brian that we are here if he needs us for anything.

I don't have the words to say right now, but please know that we are praying and we know that God hears and answers.
Elizabeth Frick said…
Oh Melissa... I am so impressed with your positive and hopeful approach to what could bring any person down! You are truly an inspiration to so many, and that is evident in all the support I've seen both here and on Facebook. I know that your family is so proud of you, and I know there are some potentially tough times ahead.
I'm not the praying type, but you can guarantee that I am thinking of you (and have been since the news came out) and sending you all the positive, healing, and happy vibes in the universe.
Best of luck tomorrow!!!
Hi Melissa - I stumbled across your blog many years ago through scrapbooking and have enjoyed watching your beautiful family grow in pictures. Even though you don't know me, I just wanted you to know that I'll be praying for you tomorrow! I know God has his hand in this and will protect and heal you...God bless you!
Susanne said…
Will hold you and your precious family in prayer tomorrow!
Paula said…
I will be praying for you Melissa! Keep up the great attitude!
Anonymous said…
Melissa, Bro. Danny and I are praying for you and will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer.......especially tomorrow. God is faithful!
Kay Thompson
Lindsey Carney said…
Prayed for you all throughout today and will do the same tomorrow. Praying for your family as well.
Amanda said…
Will be praying for you throughout the day.
Keely said…
My thoughts are with you Melissa. I'm hoping for good news.
Mary said…
Melissa, my heart goes out to you and your family ;) I will send P&PT's your way. Take care of yourself
Big Hugs
Kresta said…
Melissa, I hope you don't mind that I posted a "Prayers for Melissa" post on SSD. You have a lot of people there that care about you. I've been thinking about you and praying for you last night and all this morning. Very anxious to hear results of the surgery.
"For the Lord your God is living among you.
He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
With his love, he will calm all your fears.
He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.” Zephaniah 3:17
Anonymous said…
you are in my heart hun <3 la
Sharon said…
I too stumbled across your blog a while ago thru scrapbooking and have enjoyed reading it! Please know that you are in my prayers! Best wishes!
Emily said…
I've been praying today for good health and a quick recovery... for all the good things that are sure to come your way soon. I hope all is well. Please do update when you can.
Karen Douglas said…
Melissa, wanted to let you know that we will be praying for you and your family during this time.
Vanessa said…
Sending lots of prayers for you Melissa!!
Maria said…
Melissa, I have been SERIOUSLY behind in blog reading and I am SO SORRY that I didn't know about this. You and all your family are in my prayers. I will fervently pray for your recovery. If there is ANYTHING I can do, anything, please let me know.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel