Not Cool, Just Regular

A couple of months ago Brian and I had this great idea to let Camden grow his hair out and then have it cut in one of those cool longish Asian boy hairstyles. Well. Not only was it taking a very long time (it's been 3 months since we last buzzed his head), but it became increasingly clear that he would never sport one of those hairstyles because he has a large patch of hair on the back of his head that grows up instead of down. Seriously! So we decided that until we knew what we wanted to do, we'd at least send him to someone to shape it up because it was kind of messy and out of control. Now Camden was very against a haircut. He's never been a shy kid, but over the past few months he's become very fearful of new situations and he's never had his haircut before by anyone but Brian. He kept telling us, "I don't want to look cool, just regular." The situation was not helped in any way by the fact that Rory insists on telling him 10 times a day that he was going to look "sooooo cute."

Last night I took him in for the haircut, and he dragged his feet the whole way, didn't want to speak to the stylist (yes, my kid is that kid), and hated the whole experience. However, this morning, he got up out of bed and said, "I love my hair!"

031415_1

Hope you weren't expecting anything drastic; it's just a little bit of a change, but we're letting the top grow some more. I'm thinking faux hawk. :)
031415_2

In other news, Rory is feeling MUCH better and is seriously hyped up on steroids. She's developed an insanely evil giggle and got into so much mischief yesterday that I don't even care to recap it here, but it involved telling me an emphatic "no" in a public place, painting the wall with her bloody nose, and toothpaste and literally climbing the walls at the hair salon. I won't complain too much about the steroids since they're making her better, but they definitely do a number on behavior for sure.

Sahlin Studio: Candy Shop
0710_candyshop-web

Gina Huff: XOXO
021111_pure-sweetness-web

Comments

Elizabeth Frick said…
Ok, I know it's TOTALLY not funny, but I was cracking up at Rory's painting the wall with her bloody nose. That's some creative artistry! :)
And I'm with Rory... Camden does look sooooo cute! ;)
Mayme said…
He looks so handsome!
Amy said…
I love his haircut! He's such a handsome boy! Glad Rory is on the mend...hope you survive the steroids! :)
I love the new 'do! It's so fun to see him with a different look! And poor Rory. We just escaped the steroids here... and I can't. even. imagine. Ugh. My thoughts are with you both on that front!
KrisJ said…
A faux hawk would be awesome! And did Rory read my blog about Malias painting?? LOL!! Good luck with that, I sure hate steroids but I am so glad shes getting better!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel