Catch Up

I've been a blog slacker for the past few days for a multitude of reasons, but those reasons would not include a lack of pictures or scrapping pages. :) So here are a few from last week.

Rory's been fascinated with catalogs lately. On this particular day, I walked in the living room and found her propped up on the chair, and she told me, "I'm just imagining myself wearing this dress." This dress, by the way, only cost $98. :)
030711_1

A warm day last week
030711_2
f2.2, 1/1600SS, 320 ISO

Believe it or not, but I actually shot her face out of focus on purpose. :)
030711_3
f2.2, 1/1600SS, 320 ISO

Friday was Read Across America Day, and the 1st-4th graders at Camden's school were to dress up as a book character. They had a little parade at school Friday morning. Good thing Camden really wanted to be a ninja from a recent Magic Treehouse Book because I forgot all about it until 24 hours before the big day, and we all know it's not like I'm going to be able to throw together some enormously creative costume anyway.
030711_4

And after watching Camden's school parade, Rory and I made a trip to Nashville to Gigi's Cupcakes, which has become our tradition as we celebrate Rory's Family Day (more on that to come later). I had no plans to take pictures of Rory and the box, but she acted more than a little offended that we were foregoing the picture this year so I pulled out the camera right there in the parking lot. Can I just say I'm kind of loving Rory's new picture-loving ways.
030711_5

And not only do I have pictures from the week, but I have scrap pages. Kelly from The Lilypad emailed me recently and asked if I'd be interested in being on their store team and help out with blog posts, specifically photography related blog posts. And, although I feel woefully inadequate, I couldn't pass that up!

So three layouts using the March BYOC from TLP. I could not resist these bright pretty colors!

091010_enjoy-web

030111_youre-a-hoot-web

013011_swing-web

And now I'm off to tackle the enormous pile of laundry that has been staring at me for the last week.

Happy Monday!

Comments

Elizabeth Frick said…
That photo of Rory with the cupcake box is so classically beautiful! I love it!
And the parade of costumes at Camden's school is so fun. Kind of like a Village People's concert :)
Russell said…
I'm with Elizabeth. She looks beautiful!
Krista said…
Can you please start teaching photography?!! Love the Rory and the box picture!
LOVE the shoes shot!! It's so rare to see one like that from you... more please!!!

And, the cupcake box shot?! I may kind of sort of "dislike" you right now. GAUGH. Why won't my subject do that?! ;-)

I'm soooo behind on everything here. You're doing a better job catching up than me!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel