Recuperating

The last 7 days have passed in a fog of stomach pain, sleepless nights, coughing, kleenex, and doctor's waiting rooms. Thank goodness Rory and I are both on the mend. We had some scary moments with Rory this week. It is not fun to hear your child gasping for air, but the asthma can't hold out for long against two steroids in addition to a regular inhaler, and she is feeling some better this morning. In fact, I detect a bit of sassy attitude in her which I will blame the steroids for. I clearly remember how hyper Camden used to be when he had to take them!

In other news, Rory has seemingly overnight learned how to say her L's. We no longer hear "wiz" for Liz and "wuv" for love, etc. The good news is she still hasn't mastered her R's so we can still hear cute words like "scawy" and "hiwawious."

I have not had my camera out much, but I did snap these last night.

A moment of comfort from Camden (he asked if he could hold her for a while).
031011_1

Watching American Idol with me.
031011_2

And a smile - haven't seen many of these this week.
031011_3

Comments

Rebecca H. said…
Oh no Melissa! I'm SO sorry you guys have been feeling junky! Camden looks like a total sweety of a big brother!
Hope you are all feeling like yourselves again very soon!
Joy said…
What a precious picture of Camden and Rory!

Hope everyone is feeling better very soon! : )
Anonymous said…
Everyone has to get better fast!!
Mom
Angie said…
Love the picture of Camden and Rory! Very sweet!!

Hope everyone feels better soon!
Amy said…
Glad you are both on the mend!! I love that picture of Camden and Rory...so sweet! :)
Sara said…
Glad to hear you are all on the mend!

Eli is 6 and still can't say is L's or R's (both come out as W's) and is it totally pathetic of me to wish that he never outgrows it? I absolutely love the way he talks!!!
Elizabeth Frick said…
What precious photos! Even though they're of a sick little girl :(
Such great photos... so glad to hear you are both on the mend! What is with all this sickness everyone has lately?!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel