So Ready

I'll be taking Camden to his new classroom for the first day of first grade this morning, and we're all very ready for this school year to start. We enjoyed our summer, spent alot of family time together, but all good things must come to an end. Rory's decided that having me all to herself again is going to be fun (although I anticipate her mind to change yet again as soon as we actually leave Camden this morning) and Camden has been bouncing off the walls with excitement the last couple of days. And I am more than ready to have a solid schedule back in place (and to be honest, I'm having flashbacks of how much easier it was last year with one child at home instead of two). I'm curious as to how much more difficult this grade might be because Camden completely breezed through kindergarten.

Our weekend was pretty uneventful. I didn't have any plans to shop during our tax-free weekend, but eventually gave in to temptation and shopped just a little. It was a mad house in every store I visited, and they were full of crying babies, screaming toddlers, and very impatient parents. Saturday evening was pizza and a movie (Tooth Fairy in case you're interested, and it was a cheese fest, but Camden loved it).

Funny Rory story: I made a lemon pie Saturday afternoon to have for dinner on Sunday, and Saturday evening Rory was apparently feeling guilty because she came and told us that she had "accidentally" stuck her finger in the pie and tasted it. ;)


Comments

I wonder if I use the "accidentally" line if it would work for me?!

Good luck with the back-to-school transition!
Elizabeth Frick said…
Hee hee... love that the guilt overcame Rory :)
Hope Camden's first day went well!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel