Changes

I've tried to think of a witty way to say this, but witty isn't really my thing so here's our big news: we're moving to Texas. Brian and I are partnering with our former pastor and friend to help start a church in the North Dallas area. We feel confident that this is God's plan for us even though it will be difficult to leave Tennessee where we've spent most of our adult lives. (I am, however, quite excited to live in the city again.) We were really hoping this move wouldn't be too tough on Camden and that he'd be young enough to be flexible, but he's already quite hesitant about moving away from Uncle Michael, Aunt Liz, Gram and Gramps and his friends at school. Hopefully, he'll adjust to the idea and feel good about it soon. If anyone has suggestions on how to help him, please send them my way. Rory is just excited that she'll get to sit next to Leah and Rebekah (our friend's daughters) - doesn't take much to make her happy!

In case you're new to the blog, here's a little history. Brian's first degree is in Bible/Ministry and he spent the first 7-8 years of our marriage as a youth and children's pastor. About 5 years ago, he decided to go back to school and got a second degree in education and has since been bi-vocational: teaching 4th grade full-time and a children's pastor part-time. He's planning to continue those two careers in Texas. We will finish out this school year in Tennessee and move to Texas in June 2011. That's the tentative plan anyway.

We did spend 2 days in Texas a couple of weeks ago (which I conveniently "forgot" to blog about). They were a crazy 48 hours spent mostly in the car researching neighborhoods and schools, but here are a few pictures from the trip.

A longhorn in a little field beside the road just in front of some multi-million dollar homes.
The whole crew: Joshua, Rory, Rebekah, Leah, Camden
And us :)
Camden in front of one of the massive schools. Everything really is bigger in Texas.
They were happy to be finished taking pics - this was the last one I snapped.
McKinney (not necessarily the town we've chosen, but we're considering it) has the cutest little historic downtown area (if you're local, it's similar to Franklin, TN).
Rory and Leah. Rory LOVED being carried everywhere by Leah.
Inside the cutest little candy store in downtown McKinney.


Comments

Joy said…
Congratulations on the big move! : ) I know you guys are excited! Can't wait to hear more about it as it unfolds and let me know if I can help you with anything, okay?

I can send you some tips on helping the kids (especially Camden) adjust. Ellis loves it here, but still has his few "I miss TN" days.

McKinney looks very nice! (I know I've heard of it, but not sure why. ) It does remind me of Franklin. And that school is huge! Looks like you guys are going to have an awesome adventure!
Oh my gosh!!! Now i understand some of your more "veiled" comments on my blog.... Yay!!! And congrats!!!

I won't be able to help with the adjustment stuff... But i can commiserate over packing if you want.... :)
Elizabeth Frick said…
So excited for you guys! And such a cute little downtown area :)
Amanda said…
So excited for you guys but also very sad to see ya'll go. I still haven't told Tre' yet. He is going to be so sad to lose Camden. I love all the pictures.
Becky said…
Of course, you know how thrilled I am that you will be closer to me and mine. I am so proud of you and Brian and love you all so much. It is going to be an adventure, but one that you will be glad you went on!
Love to you all!
Angie said…
Wow! Congrats on the move!:-) Jeff will be jealous because he would love to move back to Texas. And so will my kids because they are huge Texas Longhorns fans!

I will be praying for you guys as you prepare for the move.
How very exciting! I have always wanted to move to someplace new! I love the downtown area and the pictures of yours of course are fabulous! Maybe you should start your own photography business when you move!!!! =)
Shelly said…
Congrats on the move and welcome to the world of church planting! In my experience with our two boys, they have adjusted pretty quickly once they made new friends! Your excitement will carry over to him eventually!
Amy said…
I'm so excited for you and the Wrights!!!
KrisJ said…
WOW!! Exciting!! I hated moving as a kid and I think where my parents failed was not getting us involved.. find sports or some activities right away so he or they feel like they have friends and belong!!
Krista said…
How exciting for all of you! Congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5