On My Own

Since I'm going to be out of town next week for 3 days and Brian will be playing the role of Mr. Mom, I decided that we should give it a trial run. Okay, actually, I just had my annual MRI scheduled for much too early yesterday morning and I decided to make the most of it and meet my friend Tina for coffee (iced for me, hot for her) and then hit the mall, library, Target, and then another mall.

The Stash: I should know by now that I should keep away from any sort of retail store when they've got mid-summer clearance happening.



I arrived home around 3:00 having eaten a Krispy Kreme donut for lunch and feeling quite exhausted from all my partying. Apparently, Brian was exhausted from a day with the kids since he fell asleep on the couch at 7:00. Rory had definitely missed me and spent the remainder of the afternoon/evening on my lap. I took advantage of it and rocked her to sleep, which just never happens anymore. It dawned on me this week that my girl is almost four. FOUR! How did this happen and where did the time go? And let's not even discuss the fact that Camden turns 7 in less than a month. I've decided to be in complete denial about it all.

And how are we going to spend our Friday? I'm so glad you asked. :) Brian's parents asked if they could spend the day with both kids, and we quickly said YES. So Camden and Rory are spending the day at Gram and Gramp's house while we kick back and do nothing. Actually, we might run out to see a movie, but other than that I plan to enjoy a day with few responsibilities.

Lauren Reid/Designs by Lili: On Cloud Nine


Comments

Joy said…
Um - open those bags and show us the stash! LOL Yeah, I'm not allowed to buy anything else that might have to be moved. Drat!
I wanna see too!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel