No More Shopping on Monday

Two Mondays a month I head to the grocery store. And each time, I vow to never shop on Monday mornings again. And two Mondays a month, I have amnesia and forget all about it. And so yesterday I left the house at 7:30 on yet another major grocery shopping event and spent over two hours looking for items on empty shelves, dodging boxes in the aisles and listening to employee team meetings while the check-out lines got longer and longer. The only redeeming quality to the morning was that when I stopped at the local coffeeshop for an iced coffee (which is my routine after those marathon grocery trips), I ran into my friend Russell who is recently home from Laos, and we talked a mile a minute while my groceries warmed up in the trunk of the car.

Camden and Rory have played together so well in our first few weeks of summer, but if yesterday is any indication, the honeymoon is over. Even Brian who is generally very calm and patient was feeling frazzled after spending the day listening to them. I'm hoping to chalk it up to being worn out from the weekend and that today will be better.

The weather has been so warm (as in upper 90's and ridiculous humidity) that the kids have been worn out after playing a few minutes outside. And the adults in the house aren't too fond of the heat either. I bought a cute little foam farm craft kit last week that I'm hoping will keep them entertained for a while this morning, and I'm sure we'll pull out the sprinkler or pool today. I also bought some new water guns that I'm sure Camden will use to terrorize Rory.


After hurting my foot last week and using it as a (somewhat) valid excuse for not using the treadmill, I must get back on it this morning. Soooooo. . . . treadmill, laundry, and keeping the kids happy make up our agenda today.

Gina Miller: May BYOC
I've been trying to scrap the rest of last summer's photos which is why the blog has featured older pics recently.


Designs by Lili: A Little Bird Told Me
I love these pictures. Don't they look happy?




Comments

Amanda said…
I am so glad I am not the only one going crazy from all the fighting. I am about ready to pull my hair out. Love the pages.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5