It's Monday

I've been having trouble sleeping since summer began and I started sleeping in until the late hour of 6:00 a.m. ;) Last night I watched an hour of Korean TV before bed and I spent the night tossing and turning with Korean people making noise in my head (because there were no subtitles in my brain at 1:00 a.m.) interspersed with dreams of cockroaches in the house (not related to Korean TV). It was a fairly miserable night, and I may have to lay off Korean TV at bedtime since this happened last week as well. And, no, we don't have roaches in the house; I'm just having nightmares that we do.

Brian is volunteering with the flood relief effort today so the kids and I are on our own, which happens to be okay since it's 7:39 and they're still asleep! Camden has been sleeping later since there's no school, but you can usually count on Rory to wake up shortly after 6:00. We also are having a respite from the 90 degree weather and crazy humidity today and I hope to enjoy it to the fullest because heat and humidity return tomorrow.

Our date night Friday consisted of dinner at Olive Garden and a movie: Robinhood. There's not much I like better than losing myself in a good movie, and I love historical epics. Russell Crowe's not so bad either. The night ended with a bang as Rory came home with a tick attached to her little toe. She was seriously traumatized and sobbed and screamed and shook and cried some more. In the process I accidentally knocked over the nail polish remover (that we were using to smother the tick) onto our kitchen table which immediately stripped the varnish off every spot it touched. Not the best way to end our evening.

I already blogged about Saturday so I'll skip that recap and Sunday was a typical church day, although Camden had his first all-star team practice during the afternoon so things were a bit more rushed than usual. Brian said he did great, and Camden acted as if he had fun (which is good because there are 10 hours of practiced scheduled for this week topped off by a tournament Friday/Saturday).

A few pictures from last week:

This is such a true glimpse into our lives. Camden being a bit crazy and Rory giggling at him.
I don't mind the kids getting dirty when they play, but this time I had specifically requested "no dirt!" since they had both just had baths and we were getting ready to leave. Did they listen? No. They decided making mud mocha shakes did not qualify as "no dirt" and they were (and their clothes) filthy.
We pulled out the pool last week and they had so much fun. I snapped a quick picture right before they headed inside to clean up.

Gina Marie Huff: Sweet & Simple Kit #3

Comments

Hahahahaha... I'm so on the same page as you with the k*dramas. I have dreams where everyone is speaking to me in Korean, and there's obviously a problem, and I. can't. understand. them. :-)
LOL Ethan and Bella make those faces (or say something) and giggle like crazy and no dirt SURE MOM!
Anonymous said…
I always sleep bad after watching Kdramas right before bed, too!!!

The picture of them in the chair after swimming is SO cute--you seriously have 2 of the most adorable children on the planet!!!!!!
Elizabeth Frick said…
Ew. The tick made me shiver. Sorry about the nail polish remover doing so much damage!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel