Monday

So the weekend did not go exactly as planned. That sneaky stomach bug only tricked me into thinking it was gone for a few brief hours on Friday and then I spent the rest of the weekend sick as a dog. Brian had to take Camden to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory while Rory spent some time at Gram and Gramp's house. I missed out on church and the Thanksgiving dinner. Rory had a rough time - she couldn't understand why I was in the next room, but she couldn't be with me. I tried to stay separated from the kids so they wouldn't get sick. So far so good!

I've been meaning to share a website I discovered a while ago. Actually, I might have already done it, but I'm too lazy to go back and look through my posts. Just in case I didn't, here it is. Every morning after breakfast, the kiddos sit down and we listen to Keys for Kids. I can remember reading these devotionals when I was a kid, and now they're offered online. You choose the Bible translation and they are new every day. There is a song, a verse, and then a 4-minute lesson. They are still slightly above Camden's age group, but he still learns from them, and they have been great. I love having this as part of our morning routine. Rory loves the song, but doesn't get much from the lesson yet. :)


I'm still trying to get back to normal so it should be a quiet day, but I really want to get the house and laundry in order today and tomorrow so that when Brian is off the rest of the week, I don't have to worry about it. I slept so well over the weekend, but was back to normal insomniac ways last night so I'm really tired this morning.

Here's a page I scrapped last week, but never posted.

Dani Mogstad: Sweet November

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel