Pee-Pee

We had pizza for supper tonight. Honestly, it's quite a staple in our house - enough that Rory recognizes it, and she asked for Pee-Pee tonight. Has a catchy ring to it, doesn't it.

Brian had in-service Friday so the kids and I played outside and worked on laundry. We met Brian's parents for dinner last night. Today has been full of packing for our trips, and Brian is frantically working on VBS material so it will be ready when he gets back. I was able to make a quick pedicure break, which is always nice.

I spent much of Friday afternoon and this morning praying and crying with my dear friend Mayme. They finally, after almost 2.5 years of waiting, received the referral of a sweet little one from China. Mayme was such a source of encouragement to me while we waited for Rory and especially now that Rory has been home, and I am just so thrilled for them. I have been overwhelmed with emotion, and I can't wait until she is home and with their family. She is close to Rory's age, and I told Rory this morning that she has a new best friend. LOL

I had an interesting phone call yesterday evening. We have a biopsy scheduled for Rory's leg on June 24, and the dermatologist called and asked us if we would participate in a seminar they're having next week. A group of 20-30 dermatologists are meeting at Vanderbilt, and they wanted to present Rory's leg as a case study. The spot on her leg very unique and quite large. Each of the doctors will examine her and then discuss her case and make a decision as to what the diagnosis and treatment should be. We are thrilled to be able to participate in this, and I know it will give us peace of mind that we've done everything possible. Of course, she is going to scream bloody murder while they examine her, but it's worth it.

Blog posts will be scarce for the next week or so since I won't have Internet access, but I'm hoping to take Brian's laptop and my EHD and get lots of scrapping done.


Comments

Chris said…
LOL- "pee-pee" sure doesn't mean "pizza" at our house! :D
Joy said…
Congratulations to your friend, Mayme, on her referral! What wonderful news!! We have friends also waiting in the China program.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel