Boring isn't so bad

I’ve kinda struggled with this whole stay at home mom thing. Struggled a lot actually. To be honest, it’s pretty boring much of the time. I can hear the collective gasp of the rest of the world's stay at home moms either because (a) I admitted to the world it’s a bit boring or (b) that I would actually think spending 24 hours a day with two of God’s most precious blessings is boring. But it’s true. I was in a funk most of this week with the sameness of it all. So Friday afternoon I sat down during naptime and did some reading on being content and started listing my blessings. And as I did, I realized that boring isn’t so bad. Boring means everything is going really well. Boring means I have nothing to complain about. So my goal is to spend a bit more time reveling in the boring times and thanking God for them.




Comments

Karen said…
I hope we get to meet someday!! There are times when I read your blog and think I wrote it!! I loved this being content reminder. I needed to hear that, too. :-) Adorable LOs, as usual!!!
KrisJ said…
Goodness isnt she so cute! I hear ya on the boring thing but yes such a blessing to be bored!
Angie said…
I remember those same feelings when Kylee and Noah were little and I stayed home with them. Now I would love to be able to stay home. The normal for you for several years has been to be busy with work and there always being something new and something to plan for. It just takes some adjustment after working for so long. Enjoy those the two precious gifts God has given you!!!
Unknown said…
I hear you, Melissa! Some times the SAHM gig doesn't have much glamour or fun to it - most of the time I'm trapped in the house for naptime and bedtime and get about 2 hours to plan anything remotely exciting! Thanks for the reminder that it really *is* a blessing to get to be home with the sweet little sponges every day. I hope you're having a good week!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel