Operation Laundry

Operation Laundry begins today. I’ve been saving it up all week so that I could make sure to get every spare piece done. Rory and I are flying home to Illinois for the week, and Brian and Camden are going to camp (Brian gets the privilege of being a counselor during Junior High week and Camden is along for the ride). I tackled the clutter and toys yesterday afternoon; today is designated Operation Laundry, and Saturday will be cleaning day. I hate coming home to a dirty house after being out of town.

Rory’s vocabulary is really taking off. In the last week, she’s mastered the following words: cracker, baby, color, milk, towel (from Korea that she carries around everywhere), down. She’s also learned the valuable skill of shushing people. Yes, she shushed Camden during prayer time Tuesday night, and Wednesday night she shushed me as I played with her. She’s been playing with her baby and loves to change the baby’s diaper. She also went to her room, opened the closet door, and stood there pointing and grunting at her own diapers after she dirtied her diaper yesterday. Oh, and she picked up her camera and said, “Cheese. Smile” to Brian last night.

In other Rory news, she had a bad nursery experience last Friday night during revival, and I really think it’s affected her in a negative way. I know that it doesn’t seem likely that not having access to me for 90 minutes could really affect her, but there is plenty of evidence. She suddenly is crying when I put her down for naps and bedtime; she begs to be held during meal time; she wants to be carried 24/7; she has started rejecting Brian again at times; she is just more solemn in general. I feel like we’re in the “two steps back” portion of the phrase, “one step forward, two steps back.” I’m not necessarily concerned, I just know I need to give her extra attention and take precautions that it doesn’t turn into something more serious. It’s exhausting, but necessary.

Here are a few pictures from yesterday. The first set shows her "mad" face - totally fake as you can tell!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel