Happy Anniversary to us

Saturday was our 11th wedding anniversary. I'd say that it's hard to imagine it's really been that long, but we watched our wedding video last night (for the first time ever), and based on how different everyone looked, it really has been 11 years!

We left Camden and Rory at Brian's parents house while we went to Nashville to eat an early dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and went to see Prince Caspian (which was excellent, by the way). It was so nice to get out of the house without the kiddos. It's amazing how much easier it is to get in and out of your vehicle when you don't have two kids in car seats. The food was really good. We split the avocado egg roll appetizer and also split chicken piccata. We did not split the cheesecake, however! I brought mine home to eat. I had Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with walnuts and Brian had a pecan caramel turtle cheesecake. They were both delicious! I actually have half of mine left to enjoy tonight.

Rory did really well while we were gone. They both had a wonderful time and came home dirty, tired, and full of ice cream. Just the way it should be after an afternoon at Gram and Gramp's house. Rory did break down into sobs when she saw me for the first time last night, and it was pitiful. She's been a little more clingy this morning and afternoon, but I think she did really well.

I have lots of layouts and pictures from the weekend, but I'll save them for tomorrow.

Comments

M said…
Happy Anniversary! And I love the new photo of you, Melissa!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel