Tuesday Tidbits

The combo of surgery followed by chemo 4 days later made it feel like a very long string of sick days. I was probably at 60% Sunday, but Monday was much better and today felt normal. I love normal.

It's 7:00 p.m. and Brian and Camden are feverishly working away on yet another school project. I don't know if it's reality that Camden is having SO MANY or if it's just because we're SO BAD at keeping up with them so that it seems as if they're happening way too frequently. I do know that he is incredibly bad at passing on information along to us. Yes, we're the opposite of helicopter parents, apparently, since we have mistakenly placed our trust in a 5th grader to answer honestly when we ask what projects/homework are coming up.

Brian is in charge of all things related to school projects. That's pretty close to cruel and unusual punishment for a teacher.

Now that chemo bills have kicked in, I am basically working to pay medical bills which is both awesome and sad all at once. Awesome because I did not have a job this time last year so paying for these chemo treatments would have been not good. Sad because, well, chemo.

Our daily list of One Thousand Gifts was very different for all four of us today.
Rory: playing 3-finger tag in P.E.
Camden: eating bugs at school (school sanctioned for the sake of science)
Melissa: that I was not one of the really sick patients I saw at Vanderbilt today
Brian: that lesson plans are nearly finished for next week, and it's only Tuesday

Here is last week's Project 52 photo. The inspiration was small. I've received probably hundreds of cards over the last 4 years, and I'm determined to do a better job of writing encouraging notes, texts, emails. It is a very small thing to do, but meaningful. And I've found it a joy to pass on Scripture that others have given to me in dark times.

DSC_2796



What I get when I ask her to stand in while I test my camera settings. Yes, she's 8 and thinks mean faces are super cool.
DSC_2883


DSC_2882

And a verse I read this week: 2 Corinthians 1:3-4  
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."


Comments

Vicky said…
I love the use of the word normal and that it applied to you for at least a day. Praying each day feels more normal until- well- you know- suddenly you feel great and then back to chemo…

And that verse? That is a keeper for sure- thank you for sharing that- it is encouraging.
Normal is a word that I can so appreciate. (On a smaller level) I’m so glad you had a day of it! And those last two photos of Rory?! Priceless!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5