Seven

I am not exactly sure when this happened, but my petite, sassy baby girl has turned into a still-petite and still-sassy big girl of 7. I mean, seriously, when did this happen?

Just a few snippets to give you insight on this girl of ours.

She has recently been cuddling up to me on the couch, pulling her arm through mine, and telling me, "I just want to give you a little comfort, mama."

I apparently have a habit of deep sighing at the end of a long day or when I'm tired. Rory will hug me and say, "I'm so sorry you had such a horrible day, mama" when I sigh. Since most of the time I didn't have a horrible day or even realize I sighed, this makes me feel very guilty.

She has now lost 6 teeth total, 4 of which are still gone, and 3 right in a row on top. This means she has serious trouble eating right now, but don't tell her that!

Four missing teeth didn't stop her from biting Camden last night in retaliation for him trying to be "the boss of me." Oh, I'm not kidding.

Anything Camden can do, Rory thinks she can do better. See previous comment. This gets her into alot of trouble these days.

She has a love/hate relationship with Camden. She wants to be like him so badly and is SO jealous that she is not 10 or a boy. She thinks she is missing out on EVERYTHING. This leads to alot of Star War, Lego and super-hero worship when he's around and Fancy Nancy and baby dolls when he's not interested in letting little sister in his room. 

She is a giggler. A serious giggler. This gets her out of alot of trouble when her daddy is trying to discipline her. *Trying* being the key word here.

Every day after school she is full of the school gossip. Not what she learned, but the gossip. Heaven help us.

She has such a sensitive heart and feels deeply for others. That is going to serve her well in the future.

And, finally, she is still a mama's girl for sure! It is a bit overwhelming for me to realize how much she looks up to me and how much I am shaping the woman, wife, and mother she will be.

DSC_5427

DSC_5432

DSC_5433

DSC_5434

DSC_5436

DSC_5438

DSC_5439

DSC_5440

She is celebrating her birthday with a camping trip with daddy tonight, and then we'll have cake, presents, and Korean tacos (her request) with Uncle Michael, Aunt Liz, and Addison on Sunday afternoon. Happy birthday, big girl!

Comments

Amy said…
I just *have* to meet this sweet girl one day!!! :)
Happy Birthday Rory!!! I hope it's as fabulous as you are!

I loved these little tidbits... especially the ones about giggling and gossip. She's going to be so much fun for Brian to "try" to discipline in about 6-7 years. Eek!

And she's so sassy. But that's part of what makes her so fun!

(These are beautiful photos. What gorgeous light you have in that room!)
Krista said…
Happy birthday Rory!! I can totally hear her giggling in these pics!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5