Happenings

I am assuming that one of these days I will learn the lesson of being content with an uneventful and boring life. In the meantime, this happened: my dad fell off his horse and ended up in ICU because of an oozing kidney related to the blood thinner he's taking as a result of the stroke he had 2 weeks ago. Oh, yes. That same dad who has never had so much as a cavity has now had 5-bypass surgery, a stroke, and now a fall from the horse resulting in an ICU hospital stay. All in a 6 month period of time. I told my friend last night that I am now experiencing being on the other end of hospital stays and medical scares, and I am fairly certain that I like being the sick person better than the family member waiting for news.

Kids Face timing with mom and dad Sunday night.
DSC_4947

Prior to the whole falling off the horse thing, the big event from this weekend was a haircut for me. The kids, especially Rory, have really wanted me to have long hair again and at some point over the last couple of months, I decided it was the least I could do for them. Turns out, it *is* more than I can do. Life is too short for so many bad hair days.

Thanks to vscom photo filters for making me look much better than reality.
Untitled

Hello, bangs. I've been resisting them for quite a while, but I think I like them.
Untitled

The other major event was finally finishing Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets last week so that means it was movie time. Rory spent the night with Uncle Michael, Aunt Liz, and Addison so that Camden could watch the movie. Even though Rory has followed along with the book, the movie is much scarier. This boy could not have been more excited. He was literally quoting the book along with the movie, which is kind of amazing since we've read it once and also slightly annoying. :)

Untitled

One other thing that happened this weekend: I managed to get sucked into a Korean drama. I haven't watched one for probably 2 years, but oh, heavens, are they addictive. Also incredibly soapy, cheesy, poorly acted, etc., but addictive. The glimpse into Korean culture is so interesting and the story appeals to the less mature side of me. It's Boys Over Flowers for my adoptive mama friends, and, yes, I do realize I'm the last person to actually watch this one.

You'll notice there's no mention of Labor Day. That's because we didn't really celebrate. Camden was sick with a cough and fever all weekend (and I'm trying to be a bit more compassionate after that whole summer pneumonia episode) so we spent it quietly at home while Brian worked away on school work.
 

Comments

Renee T. said…
So sorry to hear about your dad :( I hope he has a quick recovery and is feeling well soon! (and---the new haircut looks awesome!)
Praying for your dad, and your mom as she cares for him. And, I have to agree with Renee T., the haircut is muy awesome!
First of all---oozing kidney? Could that sound any more awful?? YIKES!!

Second--your hair is FABULOUS

Third--I still haven't watched Boys Over Flowers. It's still on my to-do list, LOL
Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear about Steve. Been praying for him and Joyce.

Jonathan now has skyping on his phone. Looking forward to "seeing" the kids.

Love you,

Brenda

P.S. I agree with all on your hair. It looks great!
Amy said…
You so rock the short haircut! Mine is much shorter than I wanted after my most recent cut and I'm still not sure if I like it or not. It is super easy to style but I just can't get it like I want it. Yours looks so good!
Oh my goodness... your poor Dad!!! I knew something was up... but not that!! I'm so sorry!!!

On a happy note... I LOVE YOUR NEW CUT!!! Gaugh. Awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5