My Surprise

Brian and I went out for our combined birthdays on Friday night (his is Dec. 7), and had a wonderful dinner at Maggiano's. I had chicken pesto linguini and Brian had baked sausage ziti with creme brulee for dinner - so good! My birthday surprise was tickets to a Steven Curtis Chapman concert with Bethany Dillon and Sanctus Real. We had so much fun! I like SCC's music anyway, but then there is the big adoption connection that makes it even better. It is his organization that gave us a $3,000 grant to help bring Rory home. I love concerts! Something about seeing the musicians live and seeing all that talent up close and personal is so exciting.

Saturday we were busy with grocery shopping for all the upcoming Thanksgiving festivities and running errands. I'm coming down with a cold so I came home for a nap while Brian took Camden to the fall festival (or festibal as Camden puts it) at his school and then ran errands. They were gone most of the day, so I had some quiet time.

I'd say we had a quiet afternoon today, but Camden spent the day in his soccer uniform literally running the length of the house! It was actually pretty funny. He's very imaginative these days - from playing an entire soccer game by himself, to wrestling with all 4 couch pillows, to hunting deer in the living room, to having complete conversations with himself. It was good family time, though.

Here are a few pictures from the concert.


The drummer, who happens to be
Steven Curtis Chapman's 16-year old son!



And one page from last winter


Comments

Wendy said…
What a great surprise!! Happy Birthday to both of you!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel