Back to the Grind

It's back to work today! I actually slept so well while I was in Oklahoma that I came back feeling very refreshed. Honestly, I don't know when is the last time I've slept so well or for so long! Of course, last night was back to our nightly routine of me not falling asleep for hours, Camden waking up several times for various reasons (bathroom, bloody nose, knocking on our door at all hours just to say he loves us, which would be sweet if it weren't the middle of the night!).

I promised a little more information about Rory. She is currently living with a foster family who is taking very good care of her. As of October 3, she weighed 18 lbs and is a very petite little thing (Camden weighed 19.3 lbs at 8 months!). She wasn't quite walking on her own, but from remarks made from the caseworker she seemed close. She has 5 teeth (which you can see in her cute smile). Here is what needs to happen in order to bring her home. Our paperwork has been sent to Korea. The Korean agency will then prepare and send her legal paperwork to the U.S. Once our U.S. agency receives the paperwork, they will file immigration paperwork. Memphis will handle that paperwork and they are currently taking FOREVER to process the paperwork. The average wait time is 10-14 weeks, but I think a much more realistic wait time is 18-22 weeks. I hope not, but I don't want to get my hopes up. We will be traveling to Korea to bring her home. We'll spend 3-5 days in Seoul and will be able to visit with her, but won't actually get her for good until right as we leave for the U.S. I'm assuming that will be one long trip home with an 18 month old who does not know us at all! We are able to send her packages and have sent one to her already and we are working on another. Everything we send has to fit into a one gallon freezer bag, so we don't have much room! I think we've managed to tell all our family and friends about her, and they're all very excited! My mom already sent her a cute little brown corduroy dress with matching tights!

My one last piece of news is that I've quit my job! When Rory comes home, I will be a stay at home mom. I am very excited about that, but am also sad to leaves this job. I have been here a long time and have made many friends, but this is what Brian and I have worked toward ever since Camden came home, and I'm very happy that it will finally be a reality. So I expect work to be very busy the next several months as I manage not only my daily work load, but also prepare handbooks and directions for the person who will replace me.

One layout to share using pictures of Camden and Brian as they headed out to a football game in September. Don't they look happy?

Comments

bodegalee said…
Congrats again on Rory, Melissa and the big step of quitting your job!If Rory is with SWS you maybe able to get her a night or two before you leave if you/everyone thinks that's best. We got Alex 2 nights before and Ellie the night before. Congrats again, and as usual - great layouts!
Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for your little family. That is amazing news!!! (Too many exclamation points?). I am so excited for you. Yeah!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel