Secrets

I have been keeping lots of secrets the last several weeks! The first secret is my location - I'm blogging from Owasso, Oklahoma today! Micah's birthday present to Becky is me! I left Nashville yesterday and flew to OK last night and showed up on her doorstep. She was VERY surprised to see me, and Micah got the great reaction he was hoping for. I'm here until Monday, so I'm looking forward to spending lots of time with Becky, Micah, and the boys. We're headed to The Melting Pot for a birthday dinner tonight and then tomorrow is set aside for scrapping. I've got Brian's laptop and my EHD set up, and Becky has her MAC set up and ready to go.

The second secret I've been keeping is something I'll let Camden share with you.


Are you ready??
Rory Katherine Sarang Lewis was born September 27, 2006. We were introduced to her October 21, and have somehow managed to keep a secret for almost two weeks so that I could tell Becky about her new niece in person! She is living in South Korea and waiting for us to go get her. It will probably take another 4 months before we're able to bring her home because of immigration paperwork, but I am praying that it will be sooner.

Camden doesn't quite know what to think about a sister. We've talked in general terms about a baby sister for so long, that I'm pretty sure he thinks we're just still in the "talking about a sister" stage. I'm sure it won't quite be real for him until she's home.

And now on to the pictures! These were all taken October 3. We think she looks like such a sweet girl!



And you know I couldn't wait to scrap a girly page! So, here is my first Rory page.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Fabulous news for the Lewis family!! She's BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so excited for all of you...sending "get baby home quick" vibes your way.
Anonymous said…
She's beautiful!!! Congrats! -Brandi
Amanda said…
I am so excited for you. She is absolutley beautiful. I know you can't wait to hold her. Love your girl page.
I have some questions for you and can't find your email. Email me please at barryraper@bellsouth.net. Thanks
Amanda
Anonymous said…
how exciting! Congratulations! She looks like a real sweetie.
Sara said…
CONGRATS LEWIS FAMILY!!! How exciting!!! I'm so happy for you all!!!

And how wonderful that you got to be a birthday present and get to spend some quality time with your sister. An amazing idea!
Melinda said…
How super exciting for you, Melissa! I'm sure the 4 months will be over before you know it- most of us have to wait about 9 months usually to add to our family LOL!
My grandparents moved to Owasso this summer- definitely a small world. Who knows, we might even run into each other there down the road ;)
Anonymous said…
That is so exciting, Melissa! She looks like such a sweetie and I can't wait to see more girly pages from you. :) Have a great weekend!
Anonymous said…
oh Melissa, she is so cute and ya ya ya to the girly pages!!! lol how wonderful is that!
Anonymous said…
MELISSA AND BECKY:
A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BOTH OF YOU!
Yes! November 7 and November 12!
How nice to be together!!!
Love and kisses, Grandma and Grandpa Elledge from MO.
Karen said…
Rory is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you guys! Good for you for keeping that to yourself so you could surprise Becky. That must have been HARD! Have an awesome time in Oklahoma and be sure to scrap more girly pages so we can see more of Rory!
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful little angel! I know you're just beside yourself waiting to hold her in your arms! Congratulations to your family! What an answer to prayer!
Unknown said…
Happy Birthday sisters! My sister and I have birthdays a week apart too and my girls' are one day apart!
WE MISSED YOU TODAY!
Your little girls is precious. Congratulations again!!
Lisa Z.
Unknown said…
Melissa,

I have been absent on AKC lately and just happened to pick at your blog tonight. What great news!! Your little gal is beautiful. I know you just can't wait to get your arms around her. I hope the next few months just fly by! Congrats.
bodegalee said…
She is sooo gorgoeous! a HUGE congrats! And how exciting to spend the weekend with your sister and scrapping too! Can't wait to hear all about it! Praying for a quick homecoming for Rory!
Leigh
Anonymous said…
Your baby girl is so beautiful and I will be praying for a super fast travel call as you and I understand that it takes more than four months to become a mother through adoption. She is the perfect baby girl for your family and CONGRATULATIONS MAMA!!!
Michelle said…
That is so exciting! I am glad your wait was on the shorter side instead of the longer time-line you thought you might have. I hope you are in Korea soon!
Unknown said…
Congratuations! This is great news. She is beyond beautiful, and she has a beautiful name. congrats!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations! We have two adopted girls. Don't you feel so lucky?! Wonderful news. Hope you can get her very soon.
Wendy said…
Melissa,
Had to pop in and give you another big CONGRATS on your beautiful daughter!!! :) So very happy for you! Rory is absolutely beautiful! Such gorgeous eyes!! Happy Shopping for bows and frillies Mama! :)
Anonymous said…
She is just beautiful! Congratulations again! How fun was it scrapping a girly page?!?
Helena said…
She's beautiful!

"Sarang" isn't her Korean name, is it? I've never heard that used as a name. They do use "Ae" as a name particle that means love. Very common in girls' names.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel