My Shopping Adventure

Those of you who know me well, know that I can be a bit. . ummm, what's the word. . . particular maybe when it comes to anything involving children's clothing and bedding (I can hear my family laughing now - particular is probably not the word they would choose). I waited a long time for the privilege and fun of buying cute baby clothes and decorating nurseries, and I intend to thoroughly enjoy the retail part of having children. :) So, when I found a cute Pottery Barn nursery set on sale for about 65% off, I snatched it right up. The problem is that it just wasn't quite what I wanted. Well, I put it off and put it off and finally Tuesday night about 8:30 p.m. I had had enough. I went and packaged it all up, marched myself off to PBK during my lunch hour Wednesday, went through the grueling process of returning many, many items and found exactly what I wanted. Well, not exactly what I wanted. I had to buy the sheets in the store, ordered the bumper pad online, back-ordered the bedskirt, and then I went down the list of PBK stores in the U.S. and called SEVERAL until I found a store in Georgia that had the quilt and would ship it to me. So, most of the nursery set is on the way, and I feel really happy about getting to work decorating Rory's room. Here's a picture from the catalog of the bedding.

So, now that we have that important news out of the way, what else is going on in our lives? Well, Brian finally went to the doctor about his knees. I've only been bugging him about this for the last 10 years! The doctor told him that he doesn't typically see such bad knees on a 31 year old and that his knees looked more like a man twice his age!! He's sending him to an orthopedic surgeon next week. I feel really bad for him - he's in alot of pain and his knee is so swollen. It's also catching quite a bit while he's walking which makes him gasp out loud in pain! I hate seeing him that way! Hopefully the medicine they gave him will help it until they can decide what to do about it.

And here's a page that I finished up while in Oklahoma over the weekend.


Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL! I am a bit "particular" about that sort of thing too. The bedding you chose is gorgeous. So sweet and elegant. Excellent choice. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel