Recipes

I had a nice birthday yesterday - lots of calls and emails and good wishes. We're not officially celebrating until Friday night. Brian actually has it all planned out and it's a surprise. Well, he did let me have input on the restaurant and he suggested Maggiano's. We went there 2 years ago for my birthday, and I LOVED it. We thought about going last year, but were just getting started in the adoption process and decided not to spend the money. I almost decided to be responsible this year as well, but I figure since we'll be going down to one income soon he might never offer again so I took him up on it! I can't wait for the weekend!

Brian's first day in his class was good. It was his official first day as a teacher, and he said the day just flew by. The kids seem well-behaved and he was happy with them. He stayed late rearranging the room last night and just trying to get things ready so that it feels more like his room. I helped him average grades for progress reports last night. He was trying to do them all with a little calculator so I just took the gradebook and whipped out the computer! It was kinda fun for the first 30 minutes, but got a little monotonous after that, but they're all finished now.

Today is a busy day! We both have work as usual and then Brian has his first faculty meeting after school. I will race home to meet him at 5:00, take Camden to Gram and Gramp's house and then we turn right back around and drive almost an hour and a half to our adoption agency for an international travel seminar. We probably won't make it home until close to 10 . It's going to be a long day I think.

Well, I don't have any pictures or layouts ready to share today, but I do have a really good crockpot recipe. Becky made this when I was in Oklahoma and then I made it Sunday.

Mustard Pork Chops and Taters (yes, that is the name)

2 T oil
6-8 pork loin chops
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 c chicken broth
1/4 c dijon mustard
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 t dried thyme
1/4 t pepper
5 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 onion sliced

Heat oil in large skillet over med heat. Add pork chops and brown on both sides; drain. Combine soup, broth, mustard, garlic, thyme and pepper in a slow cooker. Add potatoes and onion, stirring to coat.

Arrange pork chops on top of potatoes. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel