Just a Swingin'

Last week Rory learned how to swing. I am very tempted to include the word "finally" in the previous sentence, but Elizabeth tells me she had several kindergartners learn to swing this year so I guess Rory's not actually the last 5 year old on the planet to learn how to swing all on her own.

And I, of course, was on hand to document it. I'm fairly proud of myself for actually getting these pictures correct. Getting in focus pictures on a swing is not easy, although it's infinitely easier now that I don't have to actually push her and then run around and try to focus and shoot. ;)

DSC_8378

DSC_8381

DSC_8382

DSC_8383

DSC_8387

DSC_8389

That pesky hair gets in the way, especially when someone's mama didn't take time to actually comb or fix the hair.
DSC_8390

DSC_8398
Taken with my 50mm 1.4, f2.8, 1/640SS and 400 ISO


Ni Hao Yall

Comments

Vicky said…
Its clearly written all over her face how pleased she is having acquired the skill to swing on her own :) I still love to swing- i just don't have anyone who wants to go to the park anymore :)

Good job Rory!!
Unknown said…
Great captures! And what a beautiful girl. Way to pump those legs!
She's definitely not the last one. Isaac can do it to some extent, but chooses not to. Matthew is scared to swing high anyway, so I suppose it's a moot point. Great pictures!
Beth B. said…
Julia, my SIX year old, has just recently learned how to swing by herself, too. :)
Jaime said…
Oh my goodness! That is just too fun! Love the photos!

{stopping by from Sunday Snapshot}
Virginia said…
She is so, so pretty! Great shots. Yes, swing shots are very tricky. Rory reminds me so much of my Kerry, even in the last shot, Kerry catches some serious air when she jumps, too..and she likes to jump ALOT.

Gin =)
Go Rory!!! Such fun shots! (And you are doing Sunday Snapshot too?!?!)
Yay Rory!

These photos scream fun. I love 'em!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel