Tuesday's Tidbits

Today I'm having my port-a-catheter and IP port put in so I'll be spending the day and night at the hospital, but here are a few tidbits I wrote down so I can keep my regular blog schedule. :)

I finally downloaded a book and started reading on my iPad. While there is something to be said about having an actual book in my hand, there is also something to be said about having multiple books at my fingertips in one little toy.

Over the weekend Rory got in trouble right before lunch and we decided an appropriate punishment was to take away her Easter cookie that I'd already laid out for her. She was sobbing, of course, and Camden turned to us and asked if he could take her punishment for her so that she could still have a cookie. Yes, I cried. And, no, we didn't let him do it. We told him how sweet it was and kind of him to offer, but that we thought Rory probably wouldn't learn anything if we let him take her punishment.

My staples are gone, the industrial strength tape they used after removing the staples is gone, and despite what the doctors keep saying, this scar is not pretty. Good thing there are no bikinis in my future anyway.

I have an appointment Friday to get my hair chopped off. Since I'm going to be shaving it off in a couple of weeks, I decided I needed to go a little shorter to make it easier. Anyone want to send me links to cute short haircuts? I won't be able to rock it for long, but maybe it will be cute for a couple of weeks.

Camden told me Thursday morning before school (the only day I took him to school since before my surgery) that he was really happy to have all four of us back to normal. Me too, buddy.

Pray for Camden and Rory today and tomorrow. Rory immediately started crying when she realized I was going to the hospital even though we assured her over and over that it was just one day this time. And Camden is old enough to be worried about me, but not really understand why he's worried. They're both also pretty freaked out about the fact that I'm going to lose my hair.

And my favorite quote in a long time from Camden, "Is it just me or are you getting shorter?" I seriously laughed long and hard. Several of you have mentioned how big he's looking, and it's true. The child has hit a serious growth spurt recently, and is just looking so much older. Someone, please stop time.

042311_1 

Comments

You all are in my thoughts and prayers, Melissa. Your Camden has a kind heart. I'm Verkempt ovah heyah! Sweetness.
Laurie (kurle)
Mayme said…
Good luck today! You are in my prayers.
don't have a short hair do to link you up to, but great idea to shave it. Todd wishes he would have, we just never thought about it until after he started losing it and actually his head was pretty sensitive so it hurt to shave it then (It was only sensitive while he was losing it, I beleive).
Kids are strong.... they will get thru this too! But we will be sending you lots of prayers for you and the kids
Katie Nelson said…
Good luck today Melissa! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Anonymous said…
Oh, Camden, melt me, what a tender heart he has.
Thinking of you today!!
Melissa,
I have not commented on your blog before, but I have been reading for sometime now and I pray for you each day.
M :-) said…
Camden - you have such a kind and tender heart. Melissa, your story about him brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet boy he is.

I am praying for all of you today. I am sure that it is so hard on the kids, which breaks my heart.

(((hugs))) and prayers.
Tiki said…
Melissa, I admire your strength and grace under fire. If it were me, I'd be a whiny mess of a person. I'll be thinking of you lots today. Hang in there.
Brenda Shearon said…
Camden is a special boy who will know how to treat a lady when he gets older. He has such a sweet and caring personality. As for the hair style, I know you and your stylist will come up with something beautiful. Praying you can rest in your bed and eat a awesome meal tonight.
Grace said…
oh my goodness, totally tearing up at your sweet camden!!!
and, i think the asymetrical bob would look super cute on you -- like posh's! http://theglamourouslife.com/articles/victoria-beckham-trendy-bob-hairstyle.html

praying for you and your family as you prepare to start your treatments, melissa...hugs!
Your Camden is melting my heart. And the "are you getting shorter" comment is hysterical.

Maybe you should go way short like Halle Berry or Annette Bening? Why not?? If you ever wanted to rock the pixie cut, there is no time like the present!
Tysmyguy said…
This is going to sound umm..different. But when it was time to shave my hair I told me kids that once it was done they could paint my bald head. They LOVED that and I think it took some of the scariness away for them. And I have to say that it felt SO nice.

Prayers and thoughts for you and your cutie family..
Shelly said…
Praying today went well. LOVED the taking the punishment story. What a sweet boy you have!
Joy said…
Camden is so very sweet! What a precious thing to do!

Praying for Rory and Camden - it has to be scary for them to know you are "sick" and not really understand what's going on.

Why not try a super short cut? Now would be the time right? ; ). You are going to look awesome no matter what!
Krista said…
I really hope you enjoy reading on your iPad! I'm all for ebooks - and you may be able to access thousands for free from your local library (there's my PSA for the day).
Camden is such a sweetie - willing to take Rory's punishment - such a mature young man.
I will see what I can come up with for short styles - are you thinking as short as mine for now or shorter?

And as always, praying for you and your family... HUGS!
KrisJ said…
So I had a dream last night that our families met at Disney Land and we had SO MUCH FUN!!! So Im feeling like we need to do that in the future!
As for hair cuts, I love my short cut! You are gonna ROCK the bald look!! Thinking of you tons and Im so glad you are past the fasting again.. no fun!
What a sweet boy Camden is! Lots of thoughts and prayers for all of you!
Alex said…
Praying for you tonight Melissa! And what a sweet boy Camden is!
I'm thinking about you all non-stop. I say pixie cut all the way! But I think you're going to look fabulous no matter what.

PS - Camden is amazing. Just simply amazing.
Barbara said…
What a sweet brother!! You are obviously raising him well. I only pray our Daniel is as kind to his little brother as he grows.
Elizabeth Frick said…
I know I'm late to this post and that you've already had surgery. But I just had to say how much Camden's sweetness touched me. You've got two incredible kids, Melissa :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel